McSweeney's has a very funny quiz asking who said the following quotes, Dick Cheney or Phil Leotardo of The Sopranos. (Answers at the bottom.)
And while it's hard to tell much difference between the actual quotes from our sleazy, foul-mouthed VP and those from the amoral fictional mobster, there is one clear difference between them: Leotardo was shot on the show, while Cheney really shot someone.
1. "Except for the occasional heart attack, I never felt better."
2. "You sound like a damn politician with all these excuses."
3. "What can you do—throw money at the problem?"
4. "He's never won anything, as best I can tell."
5. "Next time, there won't be a next time."
6. "You couldn't fuckin' retire?"
7. "Principle is OK up to a certain point, but principle doesn't do any good if you lose."
8. "First off, it wasn't an offer. It's my position."
9. "Everyone knows that you're not really a man unless you own a gun."
10. "I'll take that Discman and I'll ram it up your box."
11. "You want compromise?"
12. "Go fuck yourself."
- - - -
Dick Cheney: 1, 2, 4, 7, 9, 12
Phil Leotardo: 3, 5, 6, 8, 10, 11
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- If I win, applications will be accepted for the re...
- Send it to Jersey
- I'd settle for technology that makes that cologne ...
- Red state-blue state cog diss
- Just a coinky dink I'm sure
- Republican hypocrisy? What? How? It can't be!
- HO-LY SHIT
- And another one gone and another one gone
- Blue moon
- I might be pregnant
- They really ARE evil
- For those wondering...
- The honor system
- Ka-ching 2
- One of these things is not like the other
- I guess Clay Aiken wasn't available
- Very classy
- Fashion faux pas
- As if you needed another reason
- Another one bites the dust
- Nice to see they have their priorities straight
- Sad tales (tails)
- I call on Americans to do the same
- That's a shame
- The end of an era
- Faster than a speeding bullet...
- Judi and Jeri
- I like the way they think
- Quite an interpretation
- Maybe he just likes to shop at Bloomies
- ▼ August (34)