Tuesday, August 14, 2007
As if you needed another reason
The world's oldest person just died in Japan at age 114.
"Stout-hearted even after age 100, Minagawa would drink some Japanese sake or other alcoholic beverage every day."
By the way, I once spent a delightful Sunday afternoon at Haru on Third Avenue (it was during one of those street fairs, and, really, how many tube socks can you look at.)
The place was empty, and the bartender gave me and my ex an impromptu lesson on sake, told us how Japaneses places tend to hire Americans as bar managers, revealed the location of a very exclusive and unmarked sushi place near Grand Central where Mick Jagger always eats when he comes to town - and let us know that warm sake, as it's commonly served in sushi places in the U.S., is not really the good stuff (it's heated to conceal that fact), and the expensive and better quality stuff is served chilled.
After multiple tastings of sake we stumbled out of the damn place at about 4 pm and went straight for some greasy Italian sausages at the street fair.
Posted by J at 3:37 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- If I win, applications will be accepted for the re...
- Send it to Jersey
- I'd settle for technology that makes that cologne ...
- Red state-blue state cog diss
- Just a coinky dink I'm sure
- Republican hypocrisy? What? How? It can't be!
- HO-LY SHIT
- And another one gone and another one gone
- Blue moon
- I might be pregnant
- They really ARE evil
- For those wondering...
- The honor system
- Ka-ching 2
- One of these things is not like the other
- I guess Clay Aiken wasn't available
- Very classy
- Fashion faux pas
- As if you needed another reason
- Another one bites the dust
- Nice to see they have their priorities straight
- Sad tales (tails)
- I call on Americans to do the same
- That's a shame
- The end of an era
- Faster than a speeding bullet...
- Judi and Jeri
- I like the way they think
- Quite an interpretation
- Maybe he just likes to shop at Bloomies
- ▼ August (34)