It's amazing how even just a 10-degree drop in temperature can make all the difference in making the great outdoors pleasant again. It was beautiful in the park today, and even the joggers didn't annoy me like they did earlier this week when it was much hotter and more humid.
They were setting up the stage in the North Lawn for an upcoming free concert by the New York Philharmonic, just another perk of living in this great city.
I will be attending, with a blanket, a blonde and a bottle (an amusing little Beringer Stone Cellars chardonnay, delightfully chilled).
But, hey, my husky right-wing friend who occasionally comments in Too Saucy also has a big night ahead of him down in Hooterville, where he lives. I hear they are changing the flavor of the Frostee-Freeze machine in the local Piggily Wiggily. The whole town will be gathering at 7 for the unveiling. I'm betting it's Raspberry Delite.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- I love freebies. Send me free stuff. Thank you.
- Douchebaggery at its best
- She's pretty persuasive, you've got to give her that
- Republican chickenhawks strike again
- What, his golden tongue isn't working?
- The party's over
- It's a beginning
- She taunts me
- Blub blub
- Oy gevalt
- "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for the s...
- Add your voice for the voiceless
- There they go again
- Another "family values" Republican returns to work
- That's odd
- Brad Pitt threw that away...then again, look what ...
- At least he's consistent
- Bring back the blind daters
- Nevada 1 - NJ 0
- A world of difference
- This is how you know the McCain campaign is REALLY...
- For this alone, he should be impeached
- In other news, sun to rise in East tomorrow
- In this country, Bush would probably give him a Pr...
- Geez, there's a surprise
- Who are these people?
- I call shenanigans
- He's still got Laura and his little dog, Barney
- Lower back pain and the city
- Nixon is still with us
- Professor Backwards strikes again
- Here's how fucked up I am...
- Smarter business plan than the iPhone launch
- And they say God has no sense of humor
- They're still around?
- That explains a lot
- ▼ July (39)
lol what do you think people do in small towns??? There really is stuff to do!
I used to LUV the Piggily Wiggily. But they don't have any around here now :(
Post a Comment