The headline is said in my best Jerry Seinfeld voice: Who are these people who insist on going jogging when it's approaching 100 degrees out there?
Seriously, what is wrong with them?
I took a little post-lunch stroll through the park today and I couldn't believe how many people were jogging, even though, at 3 pm, it was about 95 degrees.
I know some of you like to exercise, but that's really dumb. Half of them looked like they were going to collapse. Of course, even if it's a brisk 62 degrees, people who are running still look miserable. It does not seem like a happy hobby.
Because of the ridiculous heat, I almost passed on taking my stroll, even though it was leisurely and I stayed in the shade, but it's part of my new weight-loss regimen, which is a fantastic success.
I lost 16 pounds in the first month, and going for another 10 or so this month. I would love to tell you the secret of what I'm doing - it's very easy, doesn't cost anything, no special food or drinks to buy - but I was sworn to secrecy about it so I really can't.
And more importantly, one of my huskier friends reads Too Saucy, and I can't take the chance of him learning how to lose weight. One of the small pleasures I have is pointing out his huskiness, so the rest of you will have to do without the amazing secret too. Sorry.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- I love freebies. Send me free stuff. Thank you.
- Douchebaggery at its best
- She's pretty persuasive, you've got to give her that
- Republican chickenhawks strike again
- What, his golden tongue isn't working?
- The party's over
- It's a beginning
- She taunts me
- Blub blub
- Oy gevalt
- "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for the s...
- Add your voice for the voiceless
- There they go again
- Another "family values" Republican returns to work
- That's odd
- Brad Pitt threw that away...then again, look what ...
- At least he's consistent
- Bring back the blind daters
- Nevada 1 - NJ 0
- A world of difference
- This is how you know the McCain campaign is REALLY...
- For this alone, he should be impeached
- In other news, sun to rise in East tomorrow
- In this country, Bush would probably give him a Pr...
- Geez, there's a surprise
- Who are these people?
- I call shenanigans
- He's still got Laura and his little dog, Barney
- Lower back pain and the city
- Nixon is still with us
- Professor Backwards strikes again
- Here's how fucked up I am...
- Smarter business plan than the iPhone launch
- And they say God has no sense of humor
- They're still around?
- That explains a lot
- ▼ July (39)