The headline is said in my best Jerry Seinfeld voice: Who are these people who insist on going jogging when it's approaching 100 degrees out there?
Seriously, what is wrong with them?
I took a little post-lunch stroll through the park today and I couldn't believe how many people were jogging, even though, at 3 pm, it was about 95 degrees.
I know some of you like to exercise, but that's really dumb. Half of them looked like they were going to collapse. Of course, even if it's a brisk 62 degrees, people who are running still look miserable. It does not seem like a happy hobby.
Because of the ridiculous heat, I almost passed on taking my stroll, even though it was leisurely and I stayed in the shade, but it's part of my new weight-loss regimen, which is a fantastic success.
I lost 16 pounds in the first month, and going for another 10 or so this month. I would love to tell you the secret of what I'm doing - it's very easy, doesn't cost anything, no special food or drinks to buy - but I was sworn to secrecy about it so I really can't.
And more importantly, one of my huskier friends reads Too Saucy, and I can't take the chance of him learning how to lose weight. One of the small pleasures I have is pointing out his huskiness, so the rest of you will have to do without the amazing secret too. Sorry.
Monday, July 09, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- I love freebies. Send me free stuff. Thank you.
- Douchebaggery at its best
- She's pretty persuasive, you've got to give her that
- Republican chickenhawks strike again
- What, his golden tongue isn't working?
- The party's over
- It's a beginning
- She taunts me
- Blub blub
- Oy gevalt
- "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for the s...
- Add your voice for the voiceless
- There they go again
- Another "family values" Republican returns to work
- That's odd
- Brad Pitt threw that away...then again, look what ...
- At least he's consistent
- Bring back the blind daters
- Nevada 1 - NJ 0
- A world of difference
- This is how you know the McCain campaign is REALLY...
- For this alone, he should be impeached
- In other news, sun to rise in East tomorrow
- In this country, Bush would probably give him a Pr...
- Geez, there's a surprise
- Who are these people?
- I call shenanigans
- He's still got Laura and his little dog, Barney
- Lower back pain and the city
- Nixon is still with us
- Professor Backwards strikes again
- Here's how fucked up I am...
- Smarter business plan than the iPhone launch
- And they say God has no sense of humor
- They're still around?
- That explains a lot
- ▼ July (39)
Oh you better spill that secret JBK. You can tell me in person or email it to me if you don't want to post it on the computer!!
Are you doing anorexia??? lol
look at JBK setting up a diet book...
Ok saucies.. time for a list of JBK's diet secrets...
1. replace the bread on your sandwich with Jack Daniels
2. Running through the park from those treacherous bumble bees
3. one hour of play wrestling with each of his 15 cats
4. 2 hours of daily pavement pounding in support of his Wesley Clark for President
5. dancing on the bar at mcfaddens instead of getting caught in a 3 hour long stare at girls half his age
.... i know i am forgetting a couple....
Ahh, my husky friend chimes in. I guess the crickets chirping down there in Hooterville were finally getting to him so he went for a little country humor.
hehe how about #6 - weight loss from dehydration by secretly weeping at the chick flicks he pretends to hate.
I was exhausted just by walking home from the subway tonight. I have no idea how anyone could go jogging when the weather is as hot as today was!!
Post a Comment