Just as in matters of war, when they enthusiastically support the military - except for that whole thing about actually, you know, enlisting and fighting themselves - the Republican candidates for President seem a tad afraid about actually facing the American people.
Following the very successful CNN/You Tube debate among the Democrats, the network has scheduled another one in September featuring the Republican candidates.
But now it turns out some of the leading candidates in the GOP are making noises about not participating.
Macho man Rudy Giuliani, who has made $70 million in speaking and consulting fees since he left office, and is running an entire campaign based on his supposed heroics during 9-11 (um, he walked the streets of lower Manhattan covered in dust because, of course, he had stupidly put his emergency control operation in the World Trade Center complex) is mumbling something about scheduling conflicts.
And Mitt Romney, the flip-flopping former governor of Massachusetts, is trying to play the dignity card, according to the Washington Post: "Referring to the video of a snowman asking the Democratic candidates about global warming, Romney quipped, "I think the presidency ought to be held at a higher level than having to answer questions from a snowman."
That would be the same Romney who stood there with a shit-eating grin holding up a supporter's sign equating two of the Democratic candidates with Osama bin Laden. Very dignified of him.
In reality, of course, they just don't want to face tough questioning from real people. They can't scream "liberal media bias!!" - their usual excuse - when it's a You Tube question about Iraq or health care or global warming and it's coming from some guy in Kansas.
What a bunch of pussies.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- I love freebies. Send me free stuff. Thank you.
- Douchebaggery at its best
- She's pretty persuasive, you've got to give her that
- Republican chickenhawks strike again
- What, his golden tongue isn't working?
- The party's over
- It's a beginning
- She taunts me
- Blub blub
- Oy gevalt
- "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for the s...
- Add your voice for the voiceless
- There they go again
- Another "family values" Republican returns to work
- That's odd
- Brad Pitt threw that away...then again, look what ...
- At least he's consistent
- Bring back the blind daters
- Nevada 1 - NJ 0
- A world of difference
- This is how you know the McCain campaign is REALLY...
- For this alone, he should be impeached
- In other news, sun to rise in East tomorrow
- In this country, Bush would probably give him a Pr...
- Geez, there's a surprise
- Who are these people?
- I call shenanigans
- He's still got Laura and his little dog, Barney
- Lower back pain and the city
- Nixon is still with us
- Professor Backwards strikes again
- Here's how fucked up I am...
- Smarter business plan than the iPhone launch
- And they say God has no sense of humor
- They're still around?
- That explains a lot
- ▼ July (39)