I don't know why, but things seem better when they're free, whether it's movie screenings, restaurant meals or drinks. A couple of weeks ago I got a coupon in the mail for a free Jamba Juice, so today I decided to cash it in and stopped by the store on Lex and 87th and got a 16 oz. Raspberry Rainbow with a protein booster.
Let me just say: yum. I took it on a walk, and I swear I could have done twice around Central Park instead of my customary once. Unlike some of my huskier friends who start panting as they walk to their car in the driveway.
Almost as good as free is when supermarkets misprice an item. Last week I bought a four-pack of Bartyles & Jaymes wine coolers, and I didn't notice until I got home that they had apparently entered the bar code wrong in the computer. The entire four-pack came out as 1@4 for $3.99 - they were charging what one bottle would cost for the entire four-pack, so I got the whole thing for $1.
I went right back and told them they had the bar code entered wrong in their system.
Haha, no, of course I went right back and bought three more four-packs.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- I love freebies. Send me free stuff. Thank you.
- Douchebaggery at its best
- She's pretty persuasive, you've got to give her that
- Republican chickenhawks strike again
- What, his golden tongue isn't working?
- The party's over
- It's a beginning
- She taunts me
- Blub blub
- Oy gevalt
- "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for the s...
- Add your voice for the voiceless
- There they go again
- Another "family values" Republican returns to work
- That's odd
- Brad Pitt threw that away...then again, look what ...
- At least he's consistent
- Bring back the blind daters
- Nevada 1 - NJ 0
- A world of difference
- This is how you know the McCain campaign is REALLY...
- For this alone, he should be impeached
- In other news, sun to rise in East tomorrow
- In this country, Bush would probably give him a Pr...
- Geez, there's a surprise
- Who are these people?
- I call shenanigans
- He's still got Laura and his little dog, Barney
- Lower back pain and the city
- Nixon is still with us
- Professor Backwards strikes again
- Here's how fucked up I am...
- Smarter business plan than the iPhone launch
- And they say God has no sense of humor
- They're still around?
- That explains a lot
- ▼ July (39)