I mentioned recently that my favorite Upper East Side restaurant, where I treat myself to a delightful dinner every Thursday, was apparently a rendezvous point for couples meeting on blind dates. There were three of them around me at the bar that time and I was forced to listen to their inane chatter as I tried to read my Daily News.
But all of a sudden, they don't seem so bad.
Last night two lawyers sat next to me at the bar and, I swear, they blathered on about their respective office's fucking dress codes for 20 minutes. They can wear this, they can't wear that, one refuses to go casual even on casual Fridays, one gave his assistant into trouble for wearing a sleeveless shirt.
The things people find interesting.
On a positive note, the Long Island duck was amazing. I had dreams about it.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- I love freebies. Send me free stuff. Thank you.
- Douchebaggery at its best
- She's pretty persuasive, you've got to give her th...
- Republican chickenhawks strike again
- What, his golden tongue isn't working?
- The party's over
- It's a beginning
- She taunts me
- Blub blub
- Oy gevalt
- "The hottest places in Hell are reserved for the s...
- Add your voice for the voiceless
- There they go again
- Another "family values" Republican returns to work...
- That's odd
- Brad Pitt threw that away...then again, look what ...
- At least he's consistent
- Bring back the blind daters
- Nevada 1 - NJ 0
- A world of difference
- This is how you know the McCain campaign is REALLY...
- For this alone, he should be impeached
- In other news, sun to rise in East tomorrow
- In this country, Bush would probably give him a Pr...
- Geez, there's a surprise
- Who are these people?
- I call shenanigans
- He's still got Laura and his little dog, Barney
- Lower back pain and the city
- Nixon is still with us
- Professor Backwards strikes again
- Here's how fucked up I am...
- Smarter business plan than the iPhone launch
- And they say God has no sense of humor
- They're still around?
- That explains a lot
- ▼ July (39)