Well, this seems like a pretty cool idea, especially for politically active types like us Too Saucy-ites. There is a contest underway sponsored by Ziddio.com which is giving anyone a chance to host a Henry Rollins Show Marathon on IFC (Independent Film Channel).
Rollins, of course, is the former lead of Black Flag and the Rollins Band (I actually met him briefly once, years ago, when he was on one of the labels at the record company I used to work for). He's gotten quite political and hosts a provocative talk show on IFC.
The contest is for you to record and upload a 30 second video "rant" on one of 11 topics he's chosen (abortion, global warming, Iraq, etc.) and the person who makes the one he chooses gets flown to Los Angeles, meets Henry, and hosts an upcoming marathon of his show on IFC.
That's pretty cool, considering I usually rant for free - often on New York street corners, sadly enough.
Contest info is at ziddio.com/myrollinsrant
Give it a shot, Too Saucy-ites. Who doesn't want a free trip to L.A. and an on-air gig. Who knows where that could lead!
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Bread and circuses
- Sixth sign of the apocalypse?
- What a douchebag
- The hillbillies are fun to tweak
- I blame Bush
- She's like Schweitzer. An extremely hot Schweitzer.
- Um, ewww
- The hell with you hillbillies
- Morning after pill
- I knew I liked Mike
- Because it's not getting enough free publicity...
- And they impeached Clinton for Monica??
- Nothing suspicious about this at all
- Where's Roger Lodge when you need him?
- God bless them
- Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey....
- Can someone put "Inherit the Wind" on their Netfli...
- That thing's GOT to violate some laws
- Something about that act really scares them
- Quick, someone change the locks on the country
- Sunday morning annoyance #27
- George Bush's theme song courtesy of Rollins
- Random Saturday items
- That's some cold hard cash
- Hypocrisy in the GOP? I can't believe it
- Just like "Oz"
- I like Mike
- Now you can be entertained as you narrowly miss hi...
- Here's the REAL mystery
- And just as the 'Bing is going out of business
- Wait till I demand a room at the Chateau Marmont a...
- When told George W. Bush was President of the U.S....
- Law & Order & Boobs
- Consumer tip #27
- ▼ June (36)