There's a really bizarre case that's been unfolding in Georgia over the last few years. A guy was sent to jail for 10 years (he's been in two years already) for having consensual oral sex with a 15-year-old girl when he was 17, and they - again consensually - taped it.
Basically, if you think about it, a high school senior and sophomore hooked up and the guy, Genarlow Wilson, got jailed for a decade.
The guy jailed is black, of course. In Georgia. Go figure.
A judge finally had enough today and ordered Wilson (who's now 21) to be released. The state quickly appealed so he remains in jail.
Not to go off on Scooter Libby again, but the right-wing conservative mentality is just puzzling. Outing the covert identity of a CIA agent to punish her husband who criticized the war - no biggie. Getting a bobjob from a girl - hey, 10 years in the clink!
And, of course, as noted many times, the Republicans also impeached Bill Clinton for his little oral adventures with Monica.
What is it about that act that terrifies them so much?
And, on a purely poetic note, the lawyer for Wilson is named B.J. Bernstein. You couldn't make that up.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Bread and circuses
- Sixth sign of the apocalypse?
- What a douchebag
- The hillbillies are fun to tweak
- I blame Bush
- She's like Schweitzer. An extremely hot Schweitzer.
- Um, ewww
- The hell with you hillbillies
- Morning after pill
- I knew I liked Mike
- Because it's not getting enough free publicity...
- And they impeached Clinton for Monica??
- Nothing suspicious about this at all
- Where's Roger Lodge when you need him?
- God bless them
- Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey....
- Can someone put "Inherit the Wind" on their Netfli...
- That thing's GOT to violate some laws
- Something about that act really scares them
- Quick, someone change the locks on the country
- Sunday morning annoyance #27
- George Bush's theme song courtesy of Rollins
- Random Saturday items
- That's some cold hard cash
- Hypocrisy in the GOP? I can't believe it
- Just like "Oz"
- I like Mike
- Now you can be entertained as you narrowly miss hi...
- Here's the REAL mystery
- And just as the 'Bing is going out of business
- Wait till I demand a room at the Chateau Marmont a...
- When told George W. Bush was President of the U.S....
- Law & Order & Boobs
- Consumer tip #27
- ▼ June (36)