Sunday, June 03, 2007
Law & Order & Boobs
"Thompson Makes Strong Pitch to Conservative Republicans"
Hmm, I get the feeling that's not the only thing he pitches.
But I am still waiting for someone to explain to me why the right-wingers in the Republican party are suddenly focusing on Fred Thompson as their Great White Hope for 2008 (granted, there is no other color of hope in the GOP).
But seriously, what exactly has this guy done?
He was an undistinguished Senator for a few terms. He didn't champion any great legislative policy or have any real accomplishments. He's been, at best, a plodding actor in a few TV shows and movies. And he was a multi-million dollar lawyer and lobbyist in between.
And this is the guy the Republicans are looking to for salvation?
Of course, it shows how desperate they feel about the current crop of candidates running for their party's nomination - but Fred Thompson?
By the way, the picture is of Fred escorting his daughter to her senior prom. Oh, wait, no, my bad - that's Fred with his newest wife, Jeri, a purty young chippy.
She's only his second wife.
That practically makes him a holy man in the Family Values party.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Bread and circuses
- Sixth sign of the apocalypse?
- What a douchebag
- The hillbillies are fun to tweak
- I blame Bush
- She's like Schweitzer. An extremely hot Schweitzer.
- Um, ewww
- The hell with you hillbillies
- Morning after pill
- I knew I liked Mike
- Because it's not getting enough free publicity...
- And they impeached Clinton for Monica??
- Nothing suspicious about this at all
- Where's Roger Lodge when you need him?
- God bless them
- Na na na na, na na na na, hey hey hey....
- Can someone put "Inherit the Wind" on their Netfli...
- That thing's GOT to violate some laws
- Something about that act really scares them
- Quick, someone change the locks on the country
- Sunday morning annoyance #27
- George Bush's theme song courtesy of Rollins
- Random Saturday items
- That's some cold hard cash
- Hypocrisy in the GOP? I can't believe it
- Just like "Oz"
- I like Mike
- Now you can be entertained as you narrowly miss hi...
- Here's the REAL mystery
- And just as the 'Bing is going out of business
- Wait till I demand a room at the Chateau Marmont a...
- When told George W. Bush was President of the U.S....
- Law & Order & Boobs
- Consumer tip #27
- ▼ June (36)