You have to hand it to the right-wingers - they provide hours of enjoyment with their wacky hypocritical shenanigans.
The latest jester is, er, was, one of the Bush administration's top foreign policy officials, Randall Tobias, head of foreign aid programs in the State Department, and, reportedly, one of Condoleeza Rice's “favorites.”
He resigned Friday, “one day after confirming to ABC News that he had been a customer of a Washington, D.C. escort service whose owner has been charged by federal prosecutors with running a prostitution operation.”
“On Thursday, Tobias told ABC News he had several times called the "Pamela Martin and Associates" escort service "to have gals come over to the condo to give me a massage." Tobias, who is married, said there had been "no sex," and that recently he had been using another service "with Central Americans" to provide massages.”
You know, just like Ted Haggard, the creepy right-wing Christian evangelist, who was busted with a male prostitute, but said there was no sex, just massages.
The Tobias story gets even better. In a previous job he was in charge of fighting AIDS, and, of course, like all good little Bushies, ignored science and relied on holy rolling:
“As the Bush administration's so-called "AIDS czar," Tobias was criticized by some for emphasizing faithfulness and abstinence over condom use to prevent the spread of AIDS."
No happy endings with those massages, I guess.
Meanwhile, The Washington Post has this delightful quote: "I'm sad today," said one person close to Tobias. "The president loves him and Condi absolutely loves him."
Sure, but I wonder how his wife feels about him today?
Seriously, the repression and fear of sex among these right-wing Republicans leads them to do some very freaky things. But somehow, they are cloaked with the mantle of being the “family values” party. Pathetic.
Saturday, April 28, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- I wish I had friends like that
- The Ted Haggard Defense
- Did I mention I have new windows?
- I can see clearly now
- A theory of relativity
- Going for her 16 minutes
- Another criminal mastermind
- Cream or sugar with your shower?
- I Heart Jersey
- At the prom?
- I don't THINK this is Cho Seung-Hui?
- On the abortion shift
- Just a reminder...
- I call bullshit
- And cue the loons
- Oy gevalt
- Enough about Imus, please
- Ugh, this weather
- At Mecca, she's going to scream “Oy, Allah”
- I havent even started my Outer Space Alien Day sho...
- Glad to see that "surge" is working so well
- When you've lost the Mormons....
- Thank you, Democratic Congress
- Classy to the end
- Movie tip #472
- I'll believe it when I hear the first incomprehens...
- Heckuva job, Bushie
- Next week, he learns the intricacies of the toaste...
- It's the most wonderful time of the year...
- What a big, brave man
- You mean he wasn't actually doing a show 2000 year...
- If you're happy and you know it CLAP your hands
- He knows what you did last summer
- lol gr8 idea NOT
- Deja drivel
- Ladies and gentlemen, your Republican paaaaarty......
- “April, come she will.”
- ▼ April (39)
I wonder who else is on that escort service client list? It will be nteresting if it all comes out.
Come on, you know what will happen. He'll enter rehab and then the right wingers can just talk about how he's getting help for his problem instead of blah blah blah blah......I just fell asleep.
The best part is when he says he switched to a service that provided "Central Americans." I thought rhe repugs were against immigration. I guess it's ok in the escort business!
Post a Comment