Tuesday, April 10, 2007
Movie tip #472
Do not, repeat, do not ever allow yourself to be finagled into watching an abortion called "The Lake House."
My friend Sarah came over Monday night for a lovely Omaha filet mignon dinner, and, when we we were looking for a movie to watch later, there was nothing playing that both of us wanted to see so she convinced me to try the aforementioned "Lake House," with Sandra Bullock and Keanu Reeves (I had been weakened by a devious little shiraz by this point).
Not only is it a chick flick, it's a stupid chick flick.
I could feel my testicles and my brain cells shriveling simultaneously.
Oy, so bad.
I still couldn't tell you what it was supposed to be. They start writing letters to each other separated by two years yet simultaneously read by each other through some magic mailbox and she's a doctor and he dies in her arms after getting hit by a bus but she writes to him and saves him and - ugh, just terrible.
No wonder the terrorists hate us.
Posted by J at 1:00 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- I wish I had friends like that
- The Ted Haggard Defense
- Did I mention I have new windows?
- I can see clearly now
- A theory of relativity
- Going for her 16 minutes
- Another criminal mastermind
- Cream or sugar with your shower?
- I Heart Jersey
- At the prom?
- I don't THINK this is Cho Seung-Hui?
- On the abortion shift
- Just a reminder...
- I call bullshit
- And cue the loons
- Oy gevalt
- Enough about Imus, please
- Ugh, this weather
- At Mecca, she's going to scream “Oy, Allah”
- I havent even started my Outer Space Alien Day sho...
- Glad to see that "surge" is working so well
- When you've lost the Mormons....
- Thank you, Democratic Congress
- Classy to the end
- Movie tip #472
- I'll believe it when I hear the first incomprehens...
- Heckuva job, Bushie
- Next week, he learns the intricacies of the toaste...
- It's the most wonderful time of the year...
- What a big, brave man
- You mean he wasn't actually doing a show 2000 year...
- If you're happy and you know it CLAP your hands
- He knows what you did last summer
- lol gr8 idea NOT
- Deja drivel
- Ladies and gentlemen, your Republican paaaaarty......
- “April, come she will.”
- ▼ April (39)