Friday, April 13, 2007
At Mecca, she's going to scream “Oy, Allah”
I had drinks Thursday night with my friend "Jan Brady." The beauty part is she doesn't drink that much (although she loves to eat) so when I made some noise about her owing me for some advice I had given her, she ended up throwing in more money than she really owed – good times.
She's always ripe for a chuckle, though.
She was telling me about a recent trip to Italy with her husband. And what did she take away from seeing all those magnificent sights, the living history, the museums, the food – well, she saw Gisele Bundchen at a Dolce & Gabbana. Granted, I would be pretty happy at that too, but still.
Besides always being celebrity-struck - I was with her once and she literally froze like a deer in headlights, jaw agape, when she saw a guy she thought was the actor who played Samantha Jones' boyfriend on "Sex and the City" - Jan has a way with words. When they were at the Vatican, she was trying to take a picture and someone walked into the shot just as her camera battery was about to die, so she shouted out “Jesus Christ!”
Heads glared at her from all directions. She's actually lucky she didn't get strung up by the religious freaks who flock there.
Jan Brady – world traveler, religious instigator.
Posted by J at 11:44 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- I wish I had friends like that
- The Ted Haggard Defense
- Did I mention I have new windows?
- I can see clearly now
- A theory of relativity
- Going for her 16 minutes
- Another criminal mastermind
- Cream or sugar with your shower?
- I Heart Jersey
- At the prom?
- I don't THINK this is Cho Seung-Hui?
- On the abortion shift
- Just a reminder...
- I call bullshit
- And cue the loons
- Oy gevalt
- Enough about Imus, please
- Ugh, this weather
- At Mecca, she's going to scream “Oy, Allah”
- I havent even started my Outer Space Alien Day sho...
- Glad to see that "surge" is working so well
- When you've lost the Mormons....
- Thank you, Democratic Congress
- Classy to the end
- Movie tip #472
- I'll believe it when I hear the first incomprehens...
- Heckuva job, Bushie
- Next week, he learns the intricacies of the toaste...
- It's the most wonderful time of the year...
- What a big, brave man
- You mean he wasn't actually doing a show 2000 year...
- If you're happy and you know it CLAP your hands
- He knows what you did last summer
- lol gr8 idea NOT
- Deja drivel
- Ladies and gentlemen, your Republican paaaaarty......
- “April, come she will.”
- ▼ April (39)