Friday, March 16, 2007
"Careless and reckless"
Valerie Plame, the glamorous CIA operative whose identity was outed by White House skunks like Karl Rove and "Scooter" Libby to punish her husband who was critical of the Iraq debacle, gave compelling testimony today before a House committee about how her career was ended thanks to the GOP's callousness.
"My name and identity were carelessly and recklessly abused by senior officials in the White House and State Department," Plame testified. "I could no longer perform the work for which I had been highly trained."
Plame, who could be played by Annette Benning in a movie, was, of course, just another piece of collateral damage in the Bush administration's ongoing war against democracy - just like those fired U.S. Attorneys who were dumped because they were either prosecuting corrupt Republicans or refusing to falsely charge innocent Democrats with crimes.
And just like the soldiers who have been grieviously injured in Bush's war, only to be shipped home to rot in rat-infested moldy hospital rooms.
Once again, the true colors of the right-wingers who claim to love the country so much are on display for all to see. It's not pretty.
Posted by J at 12:29 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Nathan's hot dogging
- Tough but fair
- An important Passover reminder to my Jewish reader...
- Those wet tee-shirt contests ARE distracting
- Mwahaha (evil laugh)
- Look for the one-armed man
- Toby can probably get us out of Iraq faster too
- I have friends who are more famous
- One of these things is not like the others
- Grease is the word
- Another winning Bush moment
- Hot air on the right
- I heart this stuff
- Hmm, tough call - Google or this guy?
- Oh good, she's on the market again
- "And we don't tan well either"
- "Careless and reckless"
- Look, a new shiny object to get the press all dist...
- Remember when a slice used to be tied to the price...
- “Get laid, get...”
- You know your refrigerator is turned down too cold...
- Didn't Asimov already take care of this?
- A bleg
- It's like when the Nazis fled to South America aft...
- You know you're not in Manhattan when...
- I hear the siren call
- The age of Bush
- Now THIS is a bad date
- What, Fran Drescher wasn't available?
- Republican priorities
- The Mr. Boston Bartender's Guide?
- Buh bye Scooter
- Her boobs are nothing to brag about either
- Compare and contrast
- As long as they don't do one with that annoying Ca...
- Is Bush a Manchurian candidate?
- ▼ March (38)