When there's a political news story unfolding, you can actually watch the cable news stations with the sound off and get a sense of what's happened. There sure were a lot of gloomy faces and furrowed brows on Fox today when the news came down that "Scooter" Libby, Dick Cheney's former henchman, was found guilty in the CIA leak case.
Any time there's bad news for Bush or the Republican party (election night in November, for example) Fox "news" personalities go into a major funk.
And now the man who leaked the identity of Valerie Plame, an undercover CIA agent, to punish her husband because he had the audacity to call the Bushies out on their lies that dragged us into the bloody Iraq war, has been busted.
Such a shame.
Of course, if there was real justice, Dark Overlord Cheney himself would be sharing a cell with his little buddy, Scooter.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Nathan's hot dogging
- Tough but fair
- An important Passover reminder to my Jewish readers
- Those wet tee-shirt contests ARE distracting
- Mwahaha (evil laugh)
- Look for the one-armed man
- Toby can probably get us out of Iraq faster too
- I have friends who are more famous
- One of these things is not like the others
- Grease is the word
- Another winning Bush moment
- Hot air on the right
- I heart this stuff
- Hmm, tough call - Google or this guy?
- Oh good, she's on the market again
- "And we don't tan well either"
- "Careless and reckless"
- Look, a new shiny object to get the press all dist...
- Remember when a slice used to be tied to the price...
- “Get laid, get...”
- You know your refrigerator is turned down too cold...
- Didn't Asimov already take care of this?
- A bleg
- It's like when the Nazis fled to South America aft...
- You know you're not in Manhattan when...
- I hear the siren call
- The age of Bush
- Now THIS is a bad date
- What, Fran Drescher wasn't available?
- Republican priorities
- The Mr. Boston Bartender's Guide?
- Buh bye Scooter
- Her boobs are nothing to brag about either
- Compare and contrast
- As long as they don't do one with that annoying Ca...
- Is Bush a Manchurian candidate?
- ▼ March (38)