Monday, March 26, 2007
One of these things is not like the others
If you ever doubt the contempt the media feels toward the American public, take a look sometimes at the U.S. editions of the weekly news magazines compared to their international versions and the stories deemed most important.
Case in point, this week, the cover story in Time's American version is "Why We Should Teach the Bible in Public Schools," no doubt an offshoot of the five or six Jesus stories the mag seems to do every year (like "Historical Jesus," "What We Know About Jesus," and my personal favorite - "Jesus H. Christ that hurt! Why do they call it the funny bone?")
Meanwhile, the European, Asian and South Pacific editions of the magazine each feature a cover on the potential loss of Afghanistan to Islamic fundamentalists.
I guess there was no new Britney news this week to dangle in front of the U.S. audience.
Posted by J at 9:12 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Nathan's hot dogging
- Tough but fair
- An important Passover reminder to my Jewish readers
- Those wet tee-shirt contests ARE distracting
- Mwahaha (evil laugh)
- Look for the one-armed man
- Toby can probably get us out of Iraq faster too
- I have friends who are more famous
- One of these things is not like the others
- Grease is the word
- Another winning Bush moment
- Hot air on the right
- I heart this stuff
- Hmm, tough call - Google or this guy?
- Oh good, she's on the market again
- "And we don't tan well either"
- "Careless and reckless"
- Look, a new shiny object to get the press all dist...
- Remember when a slice used to be tied to the price...
- “Get laid, get...”
- You know your refrigerator is turned down too cold...
- Didn't Asimov already take care of this?
- A bleg
- It's like when the Nazis fled to South America aft...
- You know you're not in Manhattan when...
- I hear the siren call
- The age of Bush
- Now THIS is a bad date
- What, Fran Drescher wasn't available?
- Republican priorities
- The Mr. Boston Bartender's Guide?
- Buh bye Scooter
- Her boobs are nothing to brag about either
- Compare and contrast
- As long as they don't do one with that annoying Ca...
- Is Bush a Manchurian candidate?
- ▼ March (38)