You Tube can be very dangerous. Sometimes you're looking for something, then you click on one of the little videos at the side of what you found, and then click again at something on the side of the second one, and the next thing you know you've whiled away an hour clicking onto various videos and not even sure how you got from the original search to the last one.
Here's a cool one I stumbled on, a WNBC-TV, Channel 4 promo. I actually vaguely remember it from when it originally aired, probably sometime in the late 80s or early 90s. It has lots of interesting scenes from all around the tri-state area (the Jersey shore looks almost as good as Greenwich, CT), including a poignant World Trade Center shot, as well as then newcomer Matt Lauer, when he was still doing local news on 4 and had more hair.
Bonus trivia, the red-headed girl who's singing the jingle, and who you see in a couple of the scenes (this is from the days when TV promos ran for more than 30 seconds) is Andrea McArdle, the original “Annie” on Broadway.
Wednesday, February 14, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- The downtown trains are full of all those Brooklyn...
- Another Bush success story
- The pistachio carpeting is a nice touch
- What is this strange power I have?
- No wonder NBC is sinking
- Everyone pitching in to do their bit
- Is there anything he can't fuck up?
- Who supports the troops?
- I hope she knows what a falafel is
- Is Aloe good for peeling?
- Seven degrees of You Tube
- More Republican family values
- Buncha wussies
- And they're probably still better than anything st...
- Good stuff
- Uncle Buck?
- With marshmallows, no less
- Bah, humbug
- Proof that the universe is conspiring against me #...
- Another conservative success story
- It's the little things...
- Moral quandry
- Blonde with boobies or blonde labs - tough call
- President Cuckoo Bananas
- Act like children, get treated like children
- TV Guide
- It's as thick as the Manhattan phone book...oh wai...
- Stunning development!
- Boston wienies
- ▼ February (30)
Why is Matt Lauer playing golf in it? That looks weird lol
Damn how long have Chuck and Sue been around?
Looking at that makes me wish it was summer already.
Was that David Hasselhoff singing in the shot taken on the Brooklyn Promenade across from Manhattan?
I could name most of the locations in the city but not the specific places in Westchester, NJ or CT where I assume the country scenes were filmed, but I'm surprised there were no shots of the Empire State Building or Rockefeller Plaza (especially since its for ch. 4 which is at 30 Rock).
I love how they cut from the Hassidic to the hot girls dancing :)
Marcus - Hasselhoff had an NBC show sometime around the 1980s didnt he (with KITT the talking car or maybe Baywatch?) so that could be him. It's hard to tell though.
I thought Sarah Jessica Parker was the original Annie when she was a kid?
The sax riff in that is great.
Post a Comment