Saturday Night Live alum Jimmy Fallon could be heading back to late night on NBC, but this time as Conan O’Brien’s replacement.
According to multiple sources, Fallon is close to a new overall developmental deal with NBC, and those sources say one possibility under consideration as part of the agreement could see the network developing Fallon as a 12:30 a.m. replacement if and when incumbent Conan O’Brien replaces Jay Leno on The Tonight Show in 2009.
While the network announced O’Brien as Leno’s replacement, it has yet to name O’Brien’s successor. While 1:30 a.m. host Carson Daly recently told B&C he is interested in the job, he also said he was yet to talk to the network about the 12:30 opening, perhaps signaling the network's intentions.
- Broadcasting & Cable
The choices to replace Conan are Jimmy Fallon or Carson Daly? Two of the most annoying "personalities" out there? Fallon is maybe ok in a short SNL skit, or perhaps a movie. But giggling at his own jokes and being on TV five nights a week is a different beast. And Daly, well, enough said.
It's like the Iran-Iraq war. America sorta wants both sides to loose.
Friday, February 23, 2007
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- The downtown trains are full of all those Brooklyn...
- Another Bush success story
- The pistachio carpeting is a nice touch
- What is this strange power I have?
- No wonder NBC is sinking
- Everyone pitching in to do their bit
- Is there anything he can't fuck up?
- Who supports the troops?
- I hope she knows what a falafel is
- Is Aloe good for peeling?
- Seven degrees of You Tube
- More Republican family values
- Buncha wussies
- And they're probably still better than anything st...
- Good stuff
- Uncle Buck?
- With marshmallows, no less
- Bah, humbug
- Proof that the universe is conspiring against me #...
- Another conservative success story
- It's the little things...
- Moral quandry
- Blonde with boobies or blonde labs - tough call
- President Cuckoo Bananas
- Act like children, get treated like children
- TV Guide
- It's as thick as the Manhattan phone book...oh wai...
- Stunning development!
- Boston wienies
- ▼ February (30)
If those are the choices I'd have to say Jimmy Fallon
I'd vote for Jimmy fallon too!
Post a Comment