The Pentagon is planning to send more than 14,000 National Guard troops back to Iraq next year, shortening their time between deployments to meet the demands of President Bush’s buildup, Defense Department officials said Wednesday.
National Guard officials told state commanders in Arkansas, Indiana, Oklahoma and Ohio last month that while a final decision had not been made, units from their states that had done previous tours in Iraq and Afghanistan could be designated to return to Iraq next year between January and June, the officials said.
The British see the hand writing on the wall and are getting the hell out of that debacle. Bush is throwing more American bodies into the grinder. Let's hope the horrible conditions at Walter Reed Medical Center are fixed before more injured soldiers start coming back.
Heckuva job, Bushie.