Woohoo - we're number seven!
Here's an interesting list of the world's 11 best subway systems. The highest-rated U.S. transit system is, of course, New York's, but it only comes in at number seven.
By the way, let me just brag here (cough) and say I've ridden six of these 11 systems: NYC, London, Montreal, Hong Kong, Beijing and Tokyo.
And here's a couple of video tributes to the NY system, both appropriately in noir B&W, although in all my years of riding (on a Downtown Train or otherwise) I've only “met cute” two times, as in the first video – sadly, I'm usually just repulsed by my fellow subway riders.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- The downtown trains are full of all those Brooklyn...
- Another Bush success story
- The pistachio carpeting is a nice touch
- What is this strange power I have?
- No wonder NBC is sinking
- Everyone pitching in to do their bit
- Is there anything he can't fuck up?
- Who supports the troops?
- I hope she knows what a falafel is
- Is Aloe good for peeling?
- Seven degrees of You Tube
- More Republican family values
- Buncha wussies
- And they're probably still better than anything st...
- Good stuff
- Uncle Buck?
- With marshmallows, no less
- Bah, humbug
- Proof that the universe is conspiring against me #...
- Another conservative success story
- It's the little things...
- Moral quandry
- Blonde with boobies or blonde labs - tough call
- President Cuckoo Bananas
- Act like children, get treated like children
- TV Guide
- It's as thick as the Manhattan phone book...oh wai...
- Stunning development!
- Boston wienies
- ▼ February (30)