Tuesday, February 27, 2007
Another Bush success story
Vice President Cheney was shuttled into a bomb shelter at a U.S. military base in Afghanistan this morning after a suicide bomber blew himself up outside the main gate in an attack Taliban officials say was aimed at the vice president. Cheney was uninjured and in no real danger from the blast, which killed at least four people, including a U.S. soldier, at the gate of the Bagram Airfield.
- Washington Post
First, it's disgusting that a U.S. soldier and others were killed protecting this piece of human excrement, but the bigger problem is the alarming decline of a stablized Afghanistan back into a Taliban stronghold.
You remember Afghanistan? That's the country where the Taliban allowed al Queda and bin Laden to be based and plan and launch their 9/11 attacks on the U.S.
Afghanistan, the nation we struck in retaliation for those attacks, toppling the Taliban and forcing bin Laden to flee.
And then it was the country we took military resources out of so that Bush and Cheney could carry out an attack on Iraq - a country that had nothing to do with 9/11.
And we all know how well that's been going.
And now the Taliban is regrouping in Afghanistan.
Another Bush foreign policy debacle for the history books.
Posted by J at 11:52 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- The downtown trains are full of all those Brooklyn...
- Another Bush success story
- The pistachio carpeting is a nice touch
- What is this strange power I have?
- No wonder NBC is sinking
- Everyone pitching in to do their bit
- Is there anything he can't fuck up?
- Who supports the troops?
- I hope she knows what a falafel is
- Is Aloe good for peeling?
- Seven degrees of You Tube
- More Republican family values
- Buncha wussies
- And they're probably still better than anything st...
- Good stuff
- Uncle Buck?
- With marshmallows, no less
- Bah, humbug
- Proof that the universe is conspiring against me #...
- Another conservative success story
- It's the little things...
- Moral quandry
- Blonde with boobies or blonde labs - tough call
- President Cuckoo Bananas
- Act like children, get treated like children
- TV Guide
- It's as thick as the Manhattan phone book...oh wai...
- Stunning development!
- Boston wienies
- ▼ February (30)