Wednesday, January 24, 2007
Yet more words he can't pronounce
We all know by now that George W. Bush couldn't say the word nuclear if his life depended on it (it comes out new-kew-lur).
But the SOTU speech showed he apparently also has trouble with:
Insurance (IN-surance in Bushspeak).
It's always sort of funny to hear him mangle his words, but it's actually quite sad that the President of the United States can't speak the English language.
Oh, and the most unintentionally funny line of the night, given the results of the November elections: “Whoever you voted for, you did not vote for failure.”
Quick, someone alert Rick Santorum's voters.
Second funniest line: "Our economy is on the move."
Sure is. Tech jobs to Bangalore and manufacturing to San Pablo.
Posted by J at 1:18 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Remind me again why they are mocked?
- What a trashy, low-class stunt
- This is just too sweet
- Sublime mysteries of the universe #173
- Christian nuts strike again
- Yet more words he can't pronounce
- SOTU alternative
- Random food and TV thoughts #27
- Antidote for Blue Monday
- To think I almost deleted it
- Instant Karma's gonna get ya
- Nature is amazing
- Oh Lord, why has thou forsaken me? Again.
- What was that noise?
- One of the signs of the apocalypse
- My cynicism alarm is ringing
- Why aren't they kissing our butts?
- Double standard alert
- “Mi arca una arca”
- Did someone show him his new poll numbers?
- And another one gets added to the shit list
- I'm going to hell
- It was better than Penny Pints Night at Pat O'Brien's
- Here's a good way to get buzzed
- Bush to Pentagon: Drop Dead
- Justice is blind...and apparently quite masochisti...
- Well that was annoying
- Good news: Trump's combover looks just at weird on...
- Just biding his time to skip out of Dodge
- It's probably only Jersey anyway
- Derelict on duty
- The American people are apparently terrorist-lovin...
- Bada bing
- She can handcuff me any time
- It's lasted longer than the Megan Mullally Show
- Is there anything Bush touches that isn't a disaster?
- And you know, I've had my kitchen and bathroom ren...
- No mas
- What's wrong with this picture
- President schmesident - the game better be on
- ▼ January (43)