They are sneaky bastards, but you have to give those email spam scanners credit for staying on top of the news. I've noticed that the latest email scam, where they try to get you to fill out electronic forms and give them information, now says: “Claim your Apple iPhone,” the hot new electronic gadget I salivated over when it was announced recently.
Of course, the phone isn't close to being available yet, won't be for several months, and has not even been approved yet by the FCC for public use anyway - but somehow the friendly folks at “Prize Claim Center” have one just for me.
I'd love to fill out their form, but, unfortunately, I'm a little busy these days. I've recently been in communication with the former defense minister of Nigeria, who has been deposed and needs me to help him spirit $7.2 million in gold bullion out of his country by sending a $3,000 Western Union money gram to his cousin. He personally emailed me last week. I was so honored. I'm not really sure why they need my $3,000, but apparently they will be so grateful they will give me one quarter of the $7.2 mil, so, you know, I'll be sitting pretty once it all goes down.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Remind me again why they are mocked?
- What a trashy, low-class stunt
- This is just too sweet
- Sublime mysteries of the universe #173
- Christian nuts strike again
- Yet more words he can't pronounce
- SOTU alternative
- Random food and TV thoughts #27
- Antidote for Blue Monday
- To think I almost deleted it
- Instant Karma's gonna get ya
- Nature is amazing
- Oh Lord, why has thou forsaken me? Again.
- What was that noise?
- One of the signs of the apocalypse
- My cynicism alarm is ringing
- Why aren't they kissing our butts?
- Double standard alert
- “Mi arca una arca”
- Did someone show him his new poll numbers?
- And another one gets added to the shit list
- I'm going to hell
- It was better than Penny Pints Night at Pat O'Brien's
- Here's a good way to get buzzed
- Bush to Pentagon: Drop Dead
- Justice is blind...and apparently quite masochisti...
- Well that was annoying
- Good news: Trump's combover looks just at weird on...
- Just biding his time to skip out of Dodge
- It's probably only Jersey anyway
- Derelict on duty
- The American people are apparently terrorist-lovin...
- Bada bing
- She can handcuff me any time
- It's lasted longer than the Megan Mullally Show
- Is there anything Bush touches that isn't a disaster?
- And you know, I've had my kitchen and bathroom ren...
- No mas
- What's wrong with this picture
- President schmesident - the game better be on
- ▼ January (43)