My bud Sarah came over Wednesday night for her first Omaha steak dinner of the new year (I'm such a good friend) and she finagled me into watching “The Sentinel” (I'm such a pushover). That's the one with Michael Douglas playing a Secret Service agent having an affair with the First Lady, an assassination plot against the President, and blah blah blah.
Can I just say the only thing more unbelievable than Kim Basinger as First Lady - although, come to think of it, I guess it's not that far-fetched, Kim's sort of hit a wall these days (girl years, they are so cruel and unforgiving) - is Eva Longoria as a Secret Service agent.
And, yes, she showed up to work as an agent in (what I was told) was an Armani suit with a very silky blouse underneath and showing some nice Eva Cleavage (TM). But come on, even though it was supposed to be only her first day on the job, she had to know Secret Service agents dress very conservatively and try to blend into the scenery, not look like the head of the accessories department at Bloomie's.
Mighty fine-looking agent though. Made you proud to be an American.
Oh well, at least we don't have to worry about a Secret Service agent being tempted by the current First Lady. (No, that's neither Photoshopped nor Jack Nicholson as The Joker.)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Remind me again why they are mocked?
- What a trashy, low-class stunt
- This is just too sweet
- Sublime mysteries of the universe #173
- Christian nuts strike again
- Yet more words he can't pronounce
- SOTU alternative
- Random food and TV thoughts #27
- Antidote for Blue Monday
- To think I almost deleted it
- Instant Karma's gonna get ya
- Nature is amazing
- Oh Lord, why has thou forsaken me? Again.
- What was that noise?
- One of the signs of the apocalypse
- My cynicism alarm is ringing
- Why aren't they kissing our butts?
- Double standard alert
- “Mi arca una arca”
- Did someone show him his new poll numbers?
- And another one gets added to the shit list
- I'm going to hell
- It was better than Penny Pints Night at Pat O'Brien's
- Here's a good way to get buzzed
- Bush to Pentagon: Drop Dead
- Justice is blind...and apparently quite masochisti...
- Well that was annoying
- Good news: Trump's combover looks just at weird on...
- Just biding his time to skip out of Dodge
- It's probably only Jersey anyway
- Derelict on duty
- The American people are apparently terrorist-lovin...
- Bada bing
- She can handcuff me any time
- It's lasted longer than the Megan Mullally Show
- Is there anything Bush touches that isn't a disaster?
- And you know, I've had my kitchen and bathroom ren...
- No mas
- What's wrong with this picture
- President schmesident - the game better be on
- ▼ January (43)