I occasionally read an on-line bulletin board for and by people who have hi-def tv sets and Time Warner Cable of NYC. It's clearly not run by TW, as the abuse heaped on our local cable system makes clear, it's just one of those bulletin boards you stumble across all the time, geared to a particular interest or topic.
Now, I know a little about hi-def and the TV business, but these people are fanatical technophiles and really know their stuff.
And every once in a while, you stumble across a post that makes you chuckle and realize that everyone has their own interests and priorities in the world.
In the hi-def area, sports is a big draw, so, among the tech talk and the berating of Time Warner or the various networks and channels for their hi-def offerings, there is always chatter about the Giants or the Knicks or MSG or the Yankees, etc.
The Giants-Redskins game was to be shown on WNBC Saturday at 8 pm, but the network was in the middle of covering the funeral for former president Jerry Ford. Apparently, though, ch. 4 switched to the game as scheduled, leaving one relieved poster on the board to comment:
"wnbc made the switch at 8pm right on time.. (i was worried they'd stick with the funeral)"
We all live in our own little world sometimes.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Remind me again why they are mocked?
- What a trashy, low-class stunt
- This is just too sweet
- Sublime mysteries of the universe #173
- Christian nuts strike again
- Yet more words he can't pronounce
- SOTU alternative
- Random food and TV thoughts #27
- Antidote for Blue Monday
- To think I almost deleted it
- Instant Karma's gonna get ya
- Nature is amazing
- Oh Lord, why has thou forsaken me? Again.
- What was that noise?
- One of the signs of the apocalypse
- My cynicism alarm is ringing
- Why aren't they kissing our butts?
- Double standard alert
- “Mi arca una arca”
- Did someone show him his new poll numbers?
- And another one gets added to the shit list
- I'm going to hell
- It was better than Penny Pints Night at Pat O'Brie...
- Here's a good way to get buzzed
- Bush to Pentagon: Drop Dead
- Justice is blind...and apparently quite masochisti...
- Well that was annoying
- Good news: Trump's combover looks just at weird on...
- Just biding his time to skip out of Dodge
- It's probably only Jersey anyway
- Derelict on duty
- The American people are apparently terrorist-lovin...
- Bada bing
- She can handcuff me any time
- It's lasted longer than the Megan Mullally Show
- Is there anything Bush touches that isn't a disast...
- And you know, I've had my kitchen and bathroom ren...
- No mas
- What's wrong with this picture
- President schmesident - the game better be on
- ▼ January (43)