Although he claims he doesn't know what he wants to do next, Jeb Bush, who just ended eight years as governor of Florida, is said to be considering a run for president at some point in the future. This Times article says it won't be for the 2008 campaign, because of "Bush fatigue," but hints at possibilities down the road.
Here's some unsolicited advice for Jeb: don't even think about it.
Between the mediocrity of his father's tenure, and the absolute catastrophe that has been his brother's reign, Bush fatigue has the half-life of plutonium.
Can you even imagine another Bush in the White House at this point?
The thing that probably eats away at this guy is that he is clearly the smarter of the Bush brothers, and had been considered the political star of the sons. He was the one the old man expected to be president. But Boy George got the honors, and, in six years so far, has managed to poison the family name for a generation.
Maybe one day a grandchild of one of the drunken Bush twins will be able to run for president, but Jeb should forget about it and get into banking or lobbying or some other business where he can cash in on the family name.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Remind me again why they are mocked?
- What a trashy, low-class stunt
- This is just too sweet
- Sublime mysteries of the universe #173
- Christian nuts strike again
- Yet more words he can't pronounce
- SOTU alternative
- Random food and TV thoughts #27
- Antidote for Blue Monday
- To think I almost deleted it
- Instant Karma's gonna get ya
- Nature is amazing
- Oh Lord, why has thou forsaken me? Again.
- What was that noise?
- One of the signs of the apocalypse
- My cynicism alarm is ringing
- Why aren't they kissing our butts?
- Double standard alert
- “Mi arca una arca”
- Did someone show him his new poll numbers?
- And another one gets added to the shit list
- I'm going to hell
- It was better than Penny Pints Night at Pat O'Brien's
- Here's a good way to get buzzed
- Bush to Pentagon: Drop Dead
- Justice is blind...and apparently quite masochisti...
- Well that was annoying
- Good news: Trump's combover looks just at weird on...
- Just biding his time to skip out of Dodge
- It's probably only Jersey anyway
- Derelict on duty
- The American people are apparently terrorist-lovin...
- Bada bing
- She can handcuff me any time
- It's lasted longer than the Megan Mullally Show
- Is there anything Bush touches that isn't a disaster?
- And you know, I've had my kitchen and bathroom ren...
- No mas
- What's wrong with this picture
- President schmesident - the game better be on
- ▼ January (43)