Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Justice is blind...and apparently quite masochistic too
My friend Corky has been picked for jury duty.
I believe I speak for the tri-state area, maybe even the entire magnificent, inspiring history of Anglo-Saxon jurisprudence itself, when I say: oy gevalt.
I asked her if the rest of the potential jury pool was somehow made up of either cops or "Growing Up Gotti" cast members, each side eliminated by the opposing lawyers, with her all that was remaining to be picked, but she claims that's not so.
She told details over drinks last night at Baker Street on 1st Ave. (where a scene from the deliciously cheesy movie “Cocktail” was filmed – they even have a pic on the wall of Tom Cruise standing behind the bar there and flipping a drink – this was before he became really wacky, of course) and it all seemed somewhat appropriate for the madness that is Corky actually holding someone's life in her hands (I just threw up in my mouth.)
You see, Corky's going to be sitting on a fairly well-covered NY murder case.
And, after a few drinks, she proudly proclaimed she's like Forrest Gump. (Actual quote.)
Now, I think she was trying to say that she inexplicably finds herself in the middle of big events - not that she's borderline simple-minded.
But with Corky who knows?
Anyway, with Corky on the jury, I'm sure the accused will no doubt have a fair trial.
You know - sort of like Saddam Hussein did.
Posted by J at 12:18 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Remind me again why they are mocked?
- What a trashy, low-class stunt
- This is just too sweet
- Sublime mysteries of the universe #173
- Christian nuts strike again
- Yet more words he can't pronounce
- SOTU alternative
- Random food and TV thoughts #27
- Antidote for Blue Monday
- To think I almost deleted it
- Instant Karma's gonna get ya
- Nature is amazing
- Oh Lord, why has thou forsaken me? Again.
- What was that noise?
- One of the signs of the apocalypse
- My cynicism alarm is ringing
- Why aren't they kissing our butts?
- Double standard alert
- “Mi arca una arca”
- Did someone show him his new poll numbers?
- And another one gets added to the shit list
- I'm going to hell
- It was better than Penny Pints Night at Pat O'Brie...
- Here's a good way to get buzzed
- Bush to Pentagon: Drop Dead
- Justice is blind...and apparently quite masochisti...
- Well that was annoying
- Good news: Trump's combover looks just at weird on...
- Just biding his time to skip out of Dodge
- It's probably only Jersey anyway
- Derelict on duty
- The American people are apparently terrorist-lovin...
- Bada bing
- She can handcuff me any time
- It's lasted longer than the Megan Mullally Show
- Is there anything Bush touches that isn't a disast...
- And you know, I've had my kitchen and bathroom ren...
- No mas
- What's wrong with this picture
- President schmesident - the game better be on
- ▼ January (43)