Wednesday, January 10, 2007
Bush to Pentagon: Drop Dead
You know how Boy George always claims that he listens to the military as he masterminds the Iraq war? Oops - I guess that's now, as they say, inoperative.
His big speech tonight in which he will outline a "surge" of more troops in yet the latest "just one more try" desperation move in the clusterfuck that is his Iraq debacle isn't exactly being greeted with cheers by that military he claims to respect so much:
"Pentagon insiders say members of the Joint Chiefs of Staff have long opposed the increase in troops and are only grudgingly going along with the plan because they have been promised that the military escalation will be matched by renewed political and economic efforts in Iraq. Gen. John P. Abizaid, the outgoing head of Central Command, said less than two months ago that adding U.S. troops was not the answer for Iraq."
But, hey, what do those fusty old generals know about warfare? During the Vietnam War, when John Kerry was dodging bullets, George W. Bush served proudly and with distinction in the Texas Air National Guard and...oh wait, that's right, he got transfered to an even cushier post in the Alabama National Guard where he... oh wait, my bad, he didn't actually complete his service there either. But, you know, he did manage to avoid killing anyone. Well, ok, except for that crack whore in Birmingham after an all-night drunk, but, come on, accidents happen.
Posted by J at 3:21 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- Remind me again why they are mocked?
- What a trashy, low-class stunt
- This is just too sweet
- Sublime mysteries of the universe #173
- Christian nuts strike again
- Yet more words he can't pronounce
- SOTU alternative
- Random food and TV thoughts #27
- Antidote for Blue Monday
- To think I almost deleted it
- Instant Karma's gonna get ya
- Nature is amazing
- Oh Lord, why has thou forsaken me? Again.
- What was that noise?
- One of the signs of the apocalypse
- My cynicism alarm is ringing
- Why aren't they kissing our butts?
- Double standard alert
- “Mi arca una arca”
- Did someone show him his new poll numbers?
- And another one gets added to the shit list
- I'm going to hell
- It was better than Penny Pints Night at Pat O'Brie...
- Here's a good way to get buzzed
- Bush to Pentagon: Drop Dead
- Justice is blind...and apparently quite masochisti...
- Well that was annoying
- Good news: Trump's combover looks just at weird on...
- Just biding his time to skip out of Dodge
- It's probably only Jersey anyway
- Derelict on duty
- The American people are apparently terrorist-lovin...
- Bada bing
- She can handcuff me any time
- It's lasted longer than the Megan Mullally Show
- Is there anything Bush touches that isn't a disast...
- And you know, I've had my kitchen and bathroom ren...
- No mas
- What's wrong with this picture
- President schmesident - the game better be on
- ▼ January (43)