If my latest calamity had only happened, say, three days ago, perhaps December 23 - but, nooo, with my usual horrendous bad luck, of course it happened tonight.
I got back in the city a little while ago after a few days in Connecticut for the holidays and turned on my CD player – I am a huge music fan, greedily possess thousands of CDs and box sets from my days at one of the major record labels – and the damn thing has stopped working.
So now I am sans music. And I really love having music on, even if I'm just making dinner or generally futzing around the house. I'm seriously discombobulated without it.
And a new sound system, of course, would have been an absolutely perfect Christmas gift to get me. But, no, God forbid Big Baby Jesus help me out with the timing of the whole electronics-breaking-down thing.
I was always planning to get a new sound system when I finally get a hi-def TV for my living room, but the damn set I have in there now is still so freakin' good and the picture is so amazing (people have actually commented on the pic and asked if it's hi def), I would really feel guilty getting rid of it now before it goes, so I've been holding out. It's a 55' Toshiba that I've had for several years now, but it's analog and :sigh: non hi def. When it goes, I will get a 55' (or bigger) hi def, and Toshiba again.
I've had really good luck with that brand over the years for TVs. My bedroom set is also a Toshiba, a hi def LCD, and I love it, so I'll be replacing the living room with a Toshiba hi def, probably plasma, (hmm, do you think I've said Toshiba enough here? - heh).
Anyway, the point is, I was waiting to replace the damn sound system with a great new one (I've had my eye on a Bose Lifestyle or a Sony Dream system - I need to hear the ominious footsteps coming from behind me in a movie) to accompany a new TV, but now I guess I have to get one while I still have the embarrassingly out-of-date analog set.
Goddamn woe is me.
More importantly, who will be my Santa baby?
Tuesday, December 26, 2006
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Signing off for the year
- Wow, I sure am greedy
- The execution
- Now that's a bad party guest
- So that's what they call it
- If you're a good boy, we'll stop for ice cream...
- I wonder if he's seen this, my favorite picture of...
- Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
- That jumble puzzle can keep him going for hours
- This is when I really need that sugar mommy
- I'm hanging out with the wrong people
- A late contender sneaking in just before the year ...
- Even Bush laughs at this guy's incompetence
- Bush also admits water is probably wet
- Even I'M ashamed of being a guy
- I just threw up in my mouth a little
- Trump at least has some of his priorities right
- And I'm still mad he banned beer sales at street f...
- The new haunted house
- Somewhere there's a kitten stuck in a tree about t...
- A New Jersey Christmas
- Yet another skill I've discovered
- Fat drug addict who can't get it up makes ass of h...
- "Hi Vladimir, it's George. I have a little favor t...
- They stole the White House in 2000 so this would b...
- I hope there's film at 11...of the catfight
- I know some people do get addicted to their BlackB...
- At least I haven't turned into Dexter yet
- Bless the beasts
- Who are these people?
- I'm back, back in the New York groove
- If I don't come back, I probably got married to a ...
- The right hates him, so you know he's doing someth...
- ▼ December (36)
lol are you trying to schnoor a tv?
Who was that singing? I think she had a major face lift!!! :)
Well, the word is "shnorr" anonynous - and you're damn right I am.
Post a Comment