It's hinted at in this Washington Post article about Rudy Giuliani's dream of becoming president, but as I said in this prescient post, he has NO chance of getting the Republican nomination.
He's pro-choice, pro-gun-control, pro-gay rights, pro-immigration - everything today's hate-filled GOP is against, especially in the very red state South.
Rudy is one of the few Republicans I could vote for, which tells you all you need to know about his chances of getting elected by Billy Bob and his wife and sister Ellie Mae in East Bumfuck, Alabammy.
The polls look good for him right now, but that's partly name recognition and mostly because the majority of Republicans out there don't know his positions on the hot-button social issues, stances he needed to take to get elected mayor in NYC in the first place, and stances that come naturally to him, anyway, as a Republican in Name Only (RINO).
I think deep down he realizes all this himself, but his ego, not to mention the flattering media attention and the boost a presidential flirtation would give his already very lucrative speaking fee, are probably too hard to resist.
But as soon as he seriously runs, it will be a matter of seconds before one of his right-wing opponents circulates those pictures of Rudy in a dress, and tells the heart-warming tale of him staying with a gay couple on the Upper East Side after his wife threw him out of Gracie Mansion during his last messy divorce. Then the fun begins.
Tuesday, December 19, 2006
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Signing off for the year
- Wow, I sure am greedy
- The execution
- Now that's a bad party guest
- So that's what they call it
- If you're a good boy, we'll stop for ice cream...
- I wonder if he's seen this, my favorite picture of...
- Hare Krishna Hare Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hare Hare
- That jumble puzzle can keep him going for hours
- This is when I really need that sugar mommy
- I'm hanging out with the wrong people
- A late contender sneaking in just before the year ...
- Even Bush laughs at this guy's incompetence
- Bush also admits water is probably wet
- Even I'M ashamed of being a guy
- I just threw up in my mouth a little
- Trump at least has some of his priorities right
- And I'm still mad he banned beer sales at street f...
- The new haunted house
- Somewhere there's a kitten stuck in a tree about t...
- A New Jersey Christmas
- Yet another skill I've discovered
- Fat drug addict who can't get it up makes ass of h...
- "Hi Vladimir, it's George. I have a little favor t...
- They stole the White House in 2000 so this would b...
- I hope there's film at 11...of the catfight
- I know some people do get addicted to their BlackB...
- At least I haven't turned into Dexter yet
- Bless the beasts
- Who are these people?
- I'm back, back in the New York groove
- If I don't come back, I probably got married to a ...
- The right hates him, so you know he's doing someth...
- ▼ December (36)
Post a Comment