Rupert Murdoch, the Dr. Evil of media, whose Fox TV and HarperCollins publishing operations were behind the just-cancelled O.J. Simpson attrocity, released a statement yesterday on the incident.
"I and senior management agree with the American public that this was an ill-considered project," News Corp. Chairman and Chief Executive Rupert Murdoch said yesterday."
"I and senior management agree with the American public..."
Make no mistake about it, a project at this level was greenlit in the first place by Murdoch. Now his weasely statement makes it sound like he was blindsided by the whole thing, and, once he found out about it, quickly canceled it.
Appropriately enough, he's following in the path of his ideological soulmate George Bush, who blames everybody but himself for the Iraq debacle: It's Rumsfeld, it's the generals, it's the defeatist Democrats, it's the media who concentrate on all the bad news and never tell the good side and yadda yadda.
No, W. The war is yours and yours alone. And sorry, Rupe, the sleazy O.J. project was yours and yours alone.
Why don't these people ever admit responsibility?
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Gee, I wonder why he was in a bad mood?
- What, David Duke was too busy to comment?
- Heckuva job yet again, Bushie
- Damn dirty apes
- Jesus H. Christ
- Verizon Wireless Sucks!
- In other startling news....
- White House Circus
- Booty call
- Abortion and Clay Aiken
- Big babies
- Clay Aiken's gay?
- I think that red wine stuff really works
- Pass the gravy
- Murdoch channels Bush
- Ha ha
- But the ice sculptures on the buffet tables are sp...
- March of the morons
- Inner nerd warning
- Making a mountain out of a molehill
- What would Jesus do? If he were a derelict...
- Don't get any funny ideas about owning those uteru...
- "Next on Larry King Live, the inventor of that new...
- Jerry Falwell's big pumpkin head is exploding righ...
- I guess he's taking time off from hunting for the ...
- The real face of the GOP
- A little more eyeliner, Mr. President?
- Bush once again leaves his mark on the world
- And I have witnesses
- This is why I get the big bucks
- Fall guy?
- I always knew NJ had sluts, but this is ridiculous...
- Moon over the meatpacking district - 12:40 am
- Even the weather gets better under Democratic control
- Is that Mrs. Beasley in her hands?
- Even with the shitty weather today...
- Random election thoughts
- I'm shocked
- I wanna be sedated
- Vegas, baby!
- London Calling
- Jesus, I might be immortal at this point
- The right-wing echo machine at work
- ▼ November (44)