The elections are driving me nuts. I don't know what to think of the latest polls, and the breathless stories about the Republicans surging.
Of course, I wrote last week that even with a lot of the, at that point, favorable-for-the-Democrats polls, it was all still too close for my liking. (I always tend to be pessimistic, party because I like being pleasantly surprised instead of crushingly disappointed). And now, ABC/Washington Post and Pew Center polls over the weekend say the GOP is coming back, although Gallup says still slightly behind. But then other polls (CNN and Fox) say, no, the Dems still have a comfortable lead for at least taking the House. (The Senate was always more of a challenge). But some of those Senate races that were looking good for the Dems (Montana and Rhode Island) are now tightening, bringing the GOP back into contention there. And New Jersey, normally comfortably Democratic, is still way too close. (Why Gov. Corzine appointed such a flawed candidate as Menendez to fill out the remainder of his term and run this time is beyond me. If this seat flips to the GOP (it might be the only Senate seat currently held by a Democrat that conceivably could), I will never ever visit NJ again, no matter how tempting my ex's beach house on the shore seems every summer). Oy.
Anyway, all these stories are driving me into a state of nervous tension, so there will probably be light or no posting here over the next few days, as I'm going to try to avoid the newscasts and the Internet and the talking head blowhards making their predictions, and just see what happens come tomorrow.
I know there are regular Too Saucy readers in, among other places, NY, Connecticut, NJ, Rhode Island, Minnesota, Tennessee, Massachusetts, Illinois (and, for some reason, a small contingent in the UK too). So go vote tomorrow - and UKers, send us your psychic best that our long national nightmare may be, if not over, at least slowed down.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Gee, I wonder why he was in a bad mood?
- What, David Duke was too busy to comment?
- Heckuva job yet again, Bushie
- Damn dirty apes
- Jesus H. Christ
- Verizon Wireless Sucks!
- In other startling news....
- White House Circus
- Booty call
- Abortion and Clay Aiken
- Big babies
- Clay Aiken's gay?
- I think that red wine stuff really works
- Pass the gravy
- Murdoch channels Bush
- Ha ha
- But the ice sculptures on the buffet tables are sp...
- March of the morons
- Inner nerd warning
- Making a mountain out of a molehill
- What would Jesus do? If he were a derelict...
- Don't get any funny ideas about owning those uteru...
- "Next on Larry King Live, the inventor of that new...
- Jerry Falwell's big pumpkin head is exploding righ...
- I guess he's taking time off from hunting for the ...
- The real face of the GOP
- A little more eyeliner, Mr. President?
- Bush once again leaves his mark on the world
- And I have witnesses
- This is why I get the big bucks
- Fall guy?
- I always knew NJ had sluts, but this is ridiculous...
- Moon over the meatpacking district - 12:40 am
- Even the weather gets better under Democratic control
- Is that Mrs. Beasley in her hands?
- Even with the shitty weather today...
- Random election thoughts
- I'm shocked
- I wanna be sedated
- Vegas, baby!
- London Calling
- Jesus, I might be immortal at this point
- The right-wing echo machine at work
- ▼ November (44)