Tuesday, November 21, 2006
I think that red wine stuff really works
I just walked to Grand Central and home again - about 100 blocks round trip, which (at 20 city blocks equaling 1 mile) means a brisk walk of 5 miles. And I feel mah-velous. I really think those stories about the medicinal value of red wine are true. Plus, I just finished taunting a friend who gets out of breath walking to the corner bus stop.
I headed to GCT to pick up my train ticket for Thanksgiving, as it's usually a zoo there on that day. First, you have all sorts of people who don't usually ride the rails, so they don't know where to go. And Metro North does this weird thing on Thanksgiving where you have to have the ticket before you board. Because they add so many extra trains that day, conductors usually don't come around to collect tickets once the train is underway, so they collect them at the platform gate, you don't even have the option of buying them on the train with the onboard penalty.
But now I need some medicinal shiraz.
Posted by J at 5:11 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Gee, I wonder why he was in a bad mood?
- What, David Duke was too busy to comment?
- Heckuva job yet again, Bushie
- Damn dirty apes
- Jesus H. Christ
- Verizon Wireless Sucks!
- In other startling news....
- White House Circus
- Booty call
- Abortion and Clay Aiken
- Big babies
- Clay Aiken's gay?
- I think that red wine stuff really works
- Pass the gravy
- Murdoch channels Bush
- Ha ha
- But the ice sculptures on the buffet tables are sp...
- March of the morons
- Inner nerd warning
- Making a mountain out of a molehill
- What would Jesus do? If he were a derelict...
- Don't get any funny ideas about owning those uteru...
- "Next on Larry King Live, the inventor of that new...
- Jerry Falwell's big pumpkin head is exploding righ...
- I guess he's taking time off from hunting for the ...
- The real face of the GOP
- A little more eyeliner, Mr. President?
- Bush once again leaves his mark on the world
- And I have witnesses
- This is why I get the big bucks
- Fall guy?
- I always knew NJ had sluts, but this is ridiculous...
- Moon over the meatpacking district - 12:40 am
- Even the weather gets better under Democratic control
- Is that Mrs. Beasley in her hands?
- Even with the shitty weather today...
- Random election thoughts
- I'm shocked
- I wanna be sedated
- Vegas, baby!
- London Calling
- Jesus, I might be immortal at this point
- The right-wing echo machine at work
- ▼ November (44)