It looks like Boy George is as unpopular in the rest of the world as he is here.
A meeting he had scheduled with the Prime Minister of Iraq and King of Jordan was abruptly canceled, as the leaders realize Bush is poison these days, incredibly unpopular with their people.
When he arrived in Jordan, he was greeted with masses of protesters on the street. In fact, any time he travels he is isolated in a protective bubble, far more than any previous U.S. President has been, because he is so despised.
He never gets a chance to walk among average people in a country he is visiting. Compare that to Bill Clinton, who was beloved around the world (remember that amazing scene of him being enveloped in a loving crowd in Dublin)?
The way things are going now, the only people Bush remains popular with is a rapidly dwindling group of red state right-wingers and perhaps the anti-abortion crowd.
Speaking of Clinton, his foundation, which has already raised billions to combat poverty, AIDS and global warming, just announced a deal it has brokered to provide AIDS medicine for impoverished Third World kids.
You know, that's that evil Bill Clinton, the guy the Republicans impeached because he got a bob job.
But, hey, I'm sure when Bush is out of office, he will do much good work too.
Well, he still has his dog Barney on his side. Oh, wait, that's right. He can't even hold the poor little thing correctly. Bush dropped it on its back once. (Check out the look of horror on the kids' faces). Fucking idiot.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Gee, I wonder why he was in a bad mood?
- What, David Duke was too busy to comment?
- Heckuva job yet again, Bushie
- Damn dirty apes
- Jesus H. Christ
- Verizon Wireless Sucks!
- In other startling news....
- White House Circus
- Booty call
- Abortion and Clay Aiken
- Big babies
- Clay Aiken's gay?
- I think that red wine stuff really works
- Pass the gravy
- Murdoch channels Bush
- Ha ha
- But the ice sculptures on the buffet tables are sp...
- March of the morons
- Inner nerd warning
- Making a mountain out of a molehill
- What would Jesus do? If he were a derelict...
- Don't get any funny ideas about owning those uteru...
- "Next on Larry King Live, the inventor of that new...
- Jerry Falwell's big pumpkin head is exploding righ...
- I guess he's taking time off from hunting for the ...
- The real face of the GOP
- A little more eyeliner, Mr. President?
- Bush once again leaves his mark on the world
- And I have witnesses
- This is why I get the big bucks
- Fall guy?
- I always knew NJ had sluts, but this is ridiculous...
- Moon over the meatpacking district - 12:40 am
- Even the weather gets better under Democratic cont...
- Is that Mrs. Beasley in her hands?
- Even with the shitty weather today...
- Random election thoughts
- I'm shocked
- I wanna be sedated
- Vegas, baby!
- London Calling
- Jesus, I might be immortal at this point
- The right-wing echo machine at work
- ▼ November (44)