Even though the Democrats have taken Congress and can work to block any more right-wing nutjobs being appointed to the judiciary by George Bush, and even though the new Democratic-controlled Congress won't be introducing any legislation to chip away at abortion rights, the Bush administration is still working overtime to make sure American women understand their uteruses belong to the Republicans.
According to The Washington Post: "The Bush administration has appointed a new chief of family-planning programs at the Department of Health and Human Services who worked at a Christian pregnancy-counseling organization that regards the distribution of contraceptives as "demeaning to women."
Understand, they are not just oposed to abortion rights, they are opposed to contraception.
The Post notes the "pregnancy counseling group" this genius worked at "supports sexual abstinence until marriage, opposes contraception and does not distribute information promoting birth control at its six centers in eastern Massachusetts."
I have never understood the logic of these clowns who say they are opposed to abortion - but then work to prevent birth control information or even contraceptives from being provided to prevent unplanned pregnancies.
And for a movement that treats women as second class citizens who should not be able to control the most personal part of their lives, their goddamn reproductive systems no less, to then call anything "demeaning to women" takes brass balls. (An appropriate term, by the way, as most of the leading anti-abortion nuts tend to be men).
Friday, November 17, 2006
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Gee, I wonder why he was in a bad mood?
- What, David Duke was too busy to comment?
- Heckuva job yet again, Bushie
- Damn dirty apes
- Jesus H. Christ
- Verizon Wireless Sucks!
- In other startling news....
- White House Circus
- Booty call
- Abortion and Clay Aiken
- Big babies
- Clay Aiken's gay?
- I think that red wine stuff really works
- Pass the gravy
- Murdoch channels Bush
- Ha ha
- But the ice sculptures on the buffet tables are sp...
- March of the morons
- Inner nerd warning
- Making a mountain out of a molehill
- What would Jesus do? If he were a derelict...
- Don't get any funny ideas about owning those uteru...
- "Next on Larry King Live, the inventor of that new...
- Jerry Falwell's big pumpkin head is exploding righ...
- I guess he's taking time off from hunting for the ...
- The real face of the GOP
- A little more eyeliner, Mr. President?
- Bush once again leaves his mark on the world
- And I have witnesses
- This is why I get the big bucks
- Fall guy?
- I always knew NJ had sluts, but this is ridiculous...
- Moon over the meatpacking district - 12:40 am
- Even the weather gets better under Democratic control
- Is that Mrs. Beasley in her hands?
- Even with the shitty weather today...
- Random election thoughts
- I'm shocked
- I wanna be sedated
- Vegas, baby!
- London Calling
- Jesus, I might be immortal at this point
- The right-wing echo machine at work
- ▼ November (44)