Thank God I'm usually too sleepy to watch the late morning talk shows and the inanity they broadcast on a daily basis.
But occasionally you miss some fun stuff. Thankfully, though, we now have You Tube to catch up on the nonsense.
Apparently Clay Aiken of "American Idol" fame was filling in for Regis on "Live With Regis & Kelly" a few days ago, and, during an interview segment, jokingly (I guess) put his hand over Kelly Ripa's mouth to stop her from talking. She sort of recoiled and said, "That's a no-no. I don't know where that hand's been, honey."
Which is sort of an amusing line.
But then on "The View" the following day, big-mouth Rosie O'Donnell, self-appointed queen of the gays, said that the comment was homophobic of Kelly.
Now, there probably was a bit of that going on. (Although, let's face it, it also was pretty obnoxious of Aiken to do the hand thing. Actually, I've heard quite a few obnoxious tales about him - as in screaming at people who didn't recognize him, "Don't you know who I am?")
But, er, the thing is, Aiken denies he's gay. As do his diehard fans. (Which, of course, is somewhat like George Bush's fans denying he's a dimwit.) So did Rosie, in a way, out him?
Anyway, here's a clip of the hand incident from "Live" and then the beginning of a segment from "The View," where Kelly called in to defend herself the following day against Rosie's charge.
By the way, I have no clue who Clay and Kelly are interviewing, nor who Star Jones Jr. is that's sitting next to Rosie on "The View." Also, I'm sad Kelly's wearing pants in the "Live" clip. She has great legs.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Gee, I wonder why he was in a bad mood?
- What, David Duke was too busy to comment?
- Heckuva job yet again, Bushie
- Damn dirty apes
- Jesus H. Christ
- Verizon Wireless Sucks!
- In other startling news....
- White House Circus
- Booty call
- Abortion and Clay Aiken
- Big babies
- Clay Aiken's gay?
- I think that red wine stuff really works
- Pass the gravy
- Murdoch channels Bush
- Ha ha
- But the ice sculptures on the buffet tables are sp...
- March of the morons
- Inner nerd warning
- Making a mountain out of a molehill
- What would Jesus do? If he were a derelict...
- Don't get any funny ideas about owning those uteru...
- "Next on Larry King Live, the inventor of that new...
- Jerry Falwell's big pumpkin head is exploding righ...
- I guess he's taking time off from hunting for the ...
- The real face of the GOP
- A little more eyeliner, Mr. President?
- Bush once again leaves his mark on the world
- And I have witnesses
- This is why I get the big bucks
- Fall guy?
- I always knew NJ had sluts, but this is ridiculous...
- Moon over the meatpacking district - 12:40 am
- Even the weather gets better under Democratic cont...
- Is that Mrs. Beasley in her hands?
- Even with the shitty weather today...
- Random election thoughts
- I'm shocked
- I wanna be sedated
- Vegas, baby!
- London Calling
- Jesus, I might be immortal at this point
- The right-wing echo machine at work
- ▼ November (44)