The Republican Congress, about to lose its majority, is leaving power acting like a bunch of spoiled brats.
AP is reporting that the current Congress is deliberately leaving a half trillion dollars of spending bills undone in the current session so the Democrats will be bogged down with them when they take control in January and have to devote time and energy to them instead of their own priorities.
You should try skipping out of work sometime without doing the job you're supposed to - see how well that would go over.
Meanwhile, a Democratic staffer on the House intelligence committee has been cleared of any wrongdoing after being accused of leaking a document to the New York Times, and has been reinstated to his position. An inquiry found that the charge against him was basically a fraud, retaliation from the Republican chairman of the committee to punish a Democratic member who had offended him.
It's really unbelievable. These are supposedly serious people, legislating life and death issues and doing the nation's business, but they're basically seventh graders having a hissy fit.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Gee, I wonder why he was in a bad mood?
- What, David Duke was too busy to comment?
- Heckuva job yet again, Bushie
- Damn dirty apes
- Jesus H. Christ
- Verizon Wireless Sucks!
- In other startling news....
- White House Circus
- Booty call
- Abortion and Clay Aiken
- Big babies
- Clay Aiken's gay?
- I think that red wine stuff really works
- Pass the gravy
- Murdoch channels Bush
- Ha ha
- But the ice sculptures on the buffet tables are sp...
- March of the morons
- Inner nerd warning
- Making a mountain out of a molehill
- What would Jesus do? If he were a derelict...
- Don't get any funny ideas about owning those uteru...
- "Next on Larry King Live, the inventor of that new...
- Jerry Falwell's big pumpkin head is exploding righ...
- I guess he's taking time off from hunting for the ...
- The real face of the GOP
- A little more eyeliner, Mr. President?
- Bush once again leaves his mark on the world
- And I have witnesses
- This is why I get the big bucks
- Fall guy?
- I always knew NJ had sluts, but this is ridiculous...
- Moon over the meatpacking district - 12:40 am
- Even the weather gets better under Democratic control
- Is that Mrs. Beasley in her hands?
- Even with the shitty weather today...
- Random election thoughts
- I'm shocked
- I wanna be sedated
- Vegas, baby!
- London Calling
- Jesus, I might be immortal at this point
- The right-wing echo machine at work
- ▼ November (44)