Wednesday, November 22, 2006
Abortion and Clay Aiken
I've been doing this blog for almost a year now (oy) and I've discovered there are two hot button issues that almost invariably garner passionate responses: abortion and Clay Aiken.
Abortion, I think we can all understand. It's such a volatile, sensitive topic, and just about everyone has a strong opinion on it, not to mention usually thinks the other side is very wrong.
But Clay Aiken?
In the hundreds of posts I've written, I think I've made only two that have included a brief mention of the “American Idol” favorite (one was just last night, the Gawker video of the "hand incident" with Kelly Ripa) and, I swear, each time, almost within minutes of them going up online, I got angry comments from Clay fans – who, frankly, I doubt read Too Saucy on a regular basis.
They apparently have some sort of web-crawling search engine set up, a special Google or Technorati blog monitoring thingy, that seeks out Clay Aiken mentions. And if they are in any way less than worshipful, they immediately write in to defend their hero. It's really quite fascinating.
If only they would use their evil powers for good.
Just kidding, Clayniacs.
But now leave me alone and go back to knitting colorful scarves for Clay. Or doodling your initials intertwined with his in your notebook. Thank you.
(By the way, that picture totally proves he's not gay.)
Posted by J at 11:58 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Gee, I wonder why he was in a bad mood?
- What, David Duke was too busy to comment?
- Heckuva job yet again, Bushie
- Damn dirty apes
- Jesus H. Christ
- Verizon Wireless Sucks!
- In other startling news....
- White House Circus
- Booty call
- Abortion and Clay Aiken
- Big babies
- Clay Aiken's gay?
- I think that red wine stuff really works
- Pass the gravy
- Murdoch channels Bush
- Ha ha
- But the ice sculptures on the buffet tables are sp...
- March of the morons
- Inner nerd warning
- Making a mountain out of a molehill
- What would Jesus do? If he were a derelict...
- Don't get any funny ideas about owning those uteru...
- "Next on Larry King Live, the inventor of that new...
- Jerry Falwell's big pumpkin head is exploding righ...
- I guess he's taking time off from hunting for the ...
- The real face of the GOP
- A little more eyeliner, Mr. President?
- Bush once again leaves his mark on the world
- And I have witnesses
- This is why I get the big bucks
- Fall guy?
- I always knew NJ had sluts, but this is ridiculous...
- Moon over the meatpacking district - 12:40 am
- Even the weather gets better under Democratic control
- Is that Mrs. Beasley in her hands?
- Even with the shitty weather today...
- Random election thoughts
- I'm shocked
- I wanna be sedated
- Vegas, baby!
- London Calling
- Jesus, I might be immortal at this point
- The right-wing echo machine at work
- ▼ November (44)