Saturday, October 21, 2006
When you care enough to give the very cheesiest
I went out to dinner with my bud Sarah on Friday night. (She's the only person, by the way, who insists I use her real name on this blog. It's almost as if she doesn't trust my ability to come up with good nicknames. But Velma and Corky can attest I do!)
She's also one of the few girls I know who can drink me under the table. And when we went out for cocktails after dinner, she noticed the bar had Trump Vodka. Yes, Donald Trump, real estate mogul, reality show host, and basically somewhat weird guy, has his name on a bottle of vodka now. And, hey, nothing says class like Trump Vodka.
So she insisted on getting a couple of shots for us. And, I have to grudgingly admit, it wasn't bad. The ironic thing is, Trump doesn't even drink, and says he has never tasted "his" vodka. It's a licensing deal, of course, where one of the big booze companies pays for the use of his name.
Because, you know, having a vodka named after a rich guy with a bad hairpiece who speaks in a weird monotone and whose biggest contribution to American culture is saying “You're fired!” on a freakin' reality show, um, makes you want to drink it?
And this is why I'm not in marketing or consumer goods. I just don't get it.
Posted by J at 5:16 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Laura Bush goes as The Joker to the White House Ha...
- “Kazakhstan is more civilized now. Women can now t...
- Serial killing and Texas R&B
- The most boring place on Earth?
- The eagle has landed
- Please hurry, UPS guy
- Holy shit, I'm still drunk
- Rush takes a break from popping pills and vacuumin...
- It's a good thing I don't work on a construction site
- It's up to you, New Jersey, New Jersey
- When you care enough to give the very cheesiest
- Painful but powerful
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Pot, meet kettle
- One picture, two tools
- And Bush is Gollum?
- Beautiful smells #27
- And you thought Mark Foley was kinky
- Argyle and mom jeans?
- It's called the heartland - not the brainland
- I'm a people person!
- On a positive note, the turkey always looks ready,...
- People Are Annoying (TM) - Part 24
- I have issues #328
- Plugged in but disconnected
- Don't screw this up for the rest of us, New Jersey...
- Also no mob hits here!
- And there weren't even any mob hits!
- Surreal Life
- If you ever needed a reminder about the difference...
- Wait till you see the photos of him with Clay Aiken
- See - they're just very sensitive and compassionate
- It's one of my three main food groups this time of...
- Oh sure, blame the poor innocent booze
- ▼ October (36)