Saturday, October 07, 2006
I've been a tad busy lately so didn't have time to mention a primo C-level (maybe even D-level) celebrity sighting I enjoyed a few nights ago.
On Thursday, I was at a media party at PM, down in the ever-trendy meatpacking district, and Leif Garrett was there. Let's just say it was mugshot Leif, not teen idol Leif. Oy. And the amazing thing is, girls were still clamoring to talk to him. What is wrong with you people?
Meanwhile, I really shouldn't talk about wrongess, after one of my more obnoxious comments that night. But, in my defense, I will say I immediately heard how ridiculous it sounded, and, at least, felt a modicum of guilt.
So, here I am, at this pretty cool party - open bar, hot waitresses bringing around yummy Hors d'Oeuvres - and I actually complained to a friend that the crabcakes were cold.
You know, the free crabcakes being served with the free booze. And I managed to bitch about them.
I realize, of course, there are people in, say, Nebraksa, who never get to go to media parties and eat and drink for free on a regular basis. Hell, there are people in this city who don't get to do it.
We do get jaded sometimes. But I'm working on it. And at least I recognize my wrongness. Thank you.
Posted by J at 4:49 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Laura Bush goes as The Joker to the White House Ha...
- “Kazakhstan is more civilized now. Women can now t...
- Serial killing and Texas R&B
- The most boring place on Earth?
- The eagle has landed
- Please hurry, UPS guy
- Holy shit, I'm still drunk
- Rush takes a break from popping pills and vacuumin...
- It's a good thing I don't work on a construction site
- It's up to you, New Jersey, New Jersey
- When you care enough to give the very cheesiest
- Painful but powerful
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Pot, meet kettle
- One picture, two tools
- And Bush is Gollum?
- Beautiful smells #27
- And you thought Mark Foley was kinky
- Argyle and mom jeans?
- It's called the heartland - not the brainland
- I'm a people person!
- On a positive note, the turkey always looks ready,...
- People Are Annoying (TM) - Part 24
- I have issues #328
- Plugged in but disconnected
- Don't screw this up for the rest of us, New Jersey...
- Also no mob hits here!
- And there weren't even any mob hits!
- Surreal Life
- If you ever needed a reminder about the difference...
- Wait till you see the photos of him with Clay Aiken
- See - they're just very sensitive and compassionate
- It's one of my three main food groups this time of...
- Oh sure, blame the poor innocent booze
- ▼ October (36)