Bill Clinton gave one of his barnburner of a speeches yesterday, in which he noted that the GOP's radical right has taken over that party, and instituted policies that have isolated the U.S. around the world, and abandoned millions of the poorest and most vulnerable at home.
And the response from a Republican spokesman?: "It's not surprising to hear these attacks from a man widely recognized for repeatedly playing the blame game to cover his own mistakes."
A Republican is saying this? A spokesman for the party that blames Bill Clinton, six years after he has been out of office, no less, for 9-11, and, more recently, for North Korea's nuclear testing. The party that flogs conspiracy theories blaming Mark Foley's Page-gate on shadowy Democratic operatives who "sat" on the information until close to the elections? Who blame the recent FBI raids on Pennsylvania GOP Congressman Curt Weldon's offices on George Soros, the scary liberal activist (and, oh yes, Clinton is somehow fingered on this one too).
Well, ok, sure, the FBI is run by the Justice Deptartment, which is run by Bush's Attorney General Alberto Gonzalez. But, somehow, the omnipotent Clinton can still pull the levers of power. Is there no end to his evil powers?
And this is the party now whining that somehow Clinton plays the blame game? The pyschological disorder here is almost textbook.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Laura Bush goes as The Joker to the White House Ha...
- “Kazakhstan is more civilized now. Women can now t...
- Serial killing and Texas R&B
- The most boring place on Earth?
- The eagle has landed
- Please hurry, UPS guy
- Holy shit, I'm still drunk
- Rush takes a break from popping pills and vacuumin...
- It's a good thing I don't work on a construction site
- It's up to you, New Jersey, New Jersey
- When you care enough to give the very cheesiest
- Painful but powerful
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Pot, meet kettle
- One picture, two tools
- And Bush is Gollum?
- Beautiful smells #27
- And you thought Mark Foley was kinky
- Argyle and mom jeans?
- It's called the heartland - not the brainland
- I'm a people person!
- On a positive note, the turkey always looks ready,...
- People Are Annoying (TM) - Part 24
- I have issues #328
- Plugged in but disconnected
- Don't screw this up for the rest of us, New Jersey...
- Also no mob hits here!
- And there weren't even any mob hits!
- Surreal Life
- If you ever needed a reminder about the difference...
- Wait till you see the photos of him with Clay Aiken
- See - they're just very sensitive and compassionate
- It's one of my three main food groups this time of...
- Oh sure, blame the poor innocent booze
- ▼ October (36)