I'm getting tired of these lunatics who do something crazy and obnoxious, then – when they're caught – immediately check into an alcohol rehabilitation clinic. They're saying, see, it's the booze. It's a sickness. You can't be mad at someone with a disease.
I call bullshit.
Recently, of course, we saw Mel Gibson caught in an anti-semitic rant after being pulled over in Malibu for drunken driving. It gets picked up by the press. Everyone's shocked (although, given his history, they shouldn't have been). A weekend or so later, boom, his lawyer lets it be known Gibson has checked into a clinic for treatment of alcoholism.
I guess there isn't a clinic for treatment of hating Jews.
And now we have former representative Mark Foley (R-FL). He's busted for writing all sorts of creepy emails and instant messages to underage congressional pages. He resigns on Friday.
And today, boom, Foley “has checked himself into a rehabilitation facility for alcoholism treatment and accepts responsibility for his actions, his attorney acknowledged Monday.”
You know, I've had a cocktail or two in my day and never once have I felt the urge to start hating Jews or coming on to underage teenagers. (Legal teenagers, now that's a different story – hey, you've been a great audience).
But, seriously: in vino veritas. Even if the booze somehow “caused” these freaks to do these actions, obviously it just loosened up impulses that were already there, the anti-semitism and the perviness. It didn't actually cause the underlying sleaze.
These fucktards should not be allowed to blame Jack Daniels for their own personal demons.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Laura Bush goes as The Joker to the White House Ha...
- “Kazakhstan is more civilized now. Women can now t...
- Serial killing and Texas R&B
- The most boring place on Earth?
- The eagle has landed
- Please hurry, UPS guy
- Holy shit, I'm still drunk
- Rush takes a break from popping pills and vacuumin...
- It's a good thing I don't work on a construction site
- It's up to you, New Jersey, New Jersey
- When you care enough to give the very cheesiest
- Painful but powerful
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Pot, meet kettle
- One picture, two tools
- And Bush is Gollum?
- Beautiful smells #27
- And you thought Mark Foley was kinky
- Argyle and mom jeans?
- It's called the heartland - not the brainland
- I'm a people person!
- On a positive note, the turkey always looks ready,...
- People Are Annoying (TM) - Part 24
- I have issues #328
- Plugged in but disconnected
- Don't screw this up for the rest of us, New Jersey...
- Also no mob hits here!
- And there weren't even any mob hits!
- Surreal Life
- If you ever needed a reminder about the difference...
- Wait till you see the photos of him with Clay Aiken
- See - they're just very sensitive and compassionate
- It's one of my three main food groups this time of...
- Oh sure, blame the poor innocent booze
- ▼ October (36)