Sunday, October 29, 2006
The most boring place on Earth?
No, not Kansas, although that may be a close second.
I'm talking about Pier 1.
What the hell is it about that store that makes girls love to go in and "browse" there? And why do they feel compelled to drag me along?
My bud Velma forced me to spend a month at the Pier 1 on Third Ave. this afternoon. How many wicker chairs and candles and kicky little place settings can you look at?
Not to mention, a Best Buy electonics store was just an avenue away. I could have been happily browsing there looking at the latest hi-def TV sets instead of wine goblets.
Fortunately, I had two mimosas and a bloody at brunch, so I was somewhat medicated. I can't even imagine being in that damn place stone cold sober.
Posted by J at 5:02 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Laura Bush goes as The Joker to the White House Ha...
- “Kazakhstan is more civilized now. Women can now t...
- Serial killing and Texas R&B
- The most boring place on Earth?
- The eagle has landed
- Please hurry, UPS guy
- Holy shit, I'm still drunk
- Rush takes a break from popping pills and vacuumin...
- It's a good thing I don't work on a construction site
- It's up to you, New Jersey, New Jersey
- When you care enough to give the very cheesiest
- Painful but powerful
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Pot, meet kettle
- One picture, two tools
- And Bush is Gollum?
- Beautiful smells #27
- And you thought Mark Foley was kinky
- Argyle and mom jeans?
- It's called the heartland - not the brainland
- I'm a people person!
- On a positive note, the turkey always looks ready,...
- People Are Annoying (TM) - Part 24
- I have issues #328
- Plugged in but disconnected
- Don't screw this up for the rest of us, New Jersey...
- Also no mob hits here!
- And there weren't even any mob hits!
- Surreal Life
- If you ever needed a reminder about the difference...
- Wait till you see the photos of him with Clay Aiken
- See - they're just very sensitive and compassionate
- It's one of my three main food groups this time of...
- Oh sure, blame the poor innocent booze
- ▼ October (36)