Start spreading the news...
"Democratic U.S. Sen. Robert Menendez appears to have opened a significant lead over Republican challenger Thomas H. Kean Jr. as voters focus more on the war in Iraq and the GOP's congressional scandals.
The latest Monmouth University/Gannett New Jersey poll shows Menendez's lead at nine percentage points. Nearly half of the likely voters, 48 percent, said they would vote for Menendez, while 39 percent said they would vote for Kean."
- Gannett via the Courier Post
The NJ senate race looked like the one real opportunity the Republicans had this year to defeat a sitting Democratic senator, and this latest poll doesn't bode well for them.
Not that they won't necessarily hold on in tight senate races where GOP senators already are in office, Virginia, Missouri, or Tennessee, for example, but this was one race where they could conceivably pick up a Democratic-held seat.
If this and some other recent NJ polls hold, it looks like the Garden State may come through after all. And I may have to stop saying snarky things about it.
Well, for a month or so.
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Laura Bush goes as The Joker to the White House Ha...
- “Kazakhstan is more civilized now. Women can now t...
- Serial killing and Texas R&B
- The most boring place on Earth?
- The eagle has landed
- Please hurry, UPS guy
- Holy shit, I'm still drunk
- Rush takes a break from popping pills and vacuumin...
- It's a good thing I don't work on a construction site
- It's up to you, New Jersey, New Jersey
- When you care enough to give the very cheesiest
- Painful but powerful
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Pot, meet kettle
- One picture, two tools
- And Bush is Gollum?
- Beautiful smells #27
- And you thought Mark Foley was kinky
- Argyle and mom jeans?
- It's called the heartland - not the brainland
- I'm a people person!
- On a positive note, the turkey always looks ready,...
- People Are Annoying (TM) - Part 24
- I have issues #328
- Plugged in but disconnected
- Don't screw this up for the rest of us, New Jersey...
- Also no mob hits here!
- And there weren't even any mob hits!
- Surreal Life
- If you ever needed a reminder about the difference...
- Wait till you see the photos of him with Clay Aiken
- See - they're just very sensitive and compassionate
- It's one of my three main food groups this time of...
- Oh sure, blame the poor innocent booze
- ▼ October (36)