Damn, do I get distracted too easily.
So I stopped in at the Duane Reade on Third today to pick up some antacid for the occasional bout of heartburn I get at night. (Hard to believe I get it, I know. I mean it's not like I consume a lot of coffee, chocolate, red wine, Scotch and beer. Oh, wait a minute...)
Anyway, I usually try to get Duane Reade's own brand whenever possible with items like this. It's usually quite a bit cheaper than the brand name product and just as good. (They basically slap their own label on the stuff they purchase from one of the big manufacturers and, let's face it, aspirin is aspirin).
So, I'm looking at a bottle of Tums Extra Strength, berry flavor, selling for $5.49. And, sure enough, a few inches over on the shelf is DR's own label, same extra strength formula, same berry flavor even, at $3.29. More than two bucks cheaper. Beautiful.
Well, just at this point a drop dead gorgeous, and I mean stunning, blonde comes by and starts cavorting through the cough medicines not far away. She had to be a model - you know that look, you see it quite a bit in the city. I had no interest in talking to her, though. If she's looking at cough meds, I'm thinking - germs. Ugh.
Nonetheless, I was still a tad distracted. Enough so that I didn't notice until I was outside the store that I had, of course, picked up and paid for the Tums at $5.49.
It's a game of inches, my friends, a game of inches.
Tuesday, October 24, 2006
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Laura Bush goes as The Joker to the White House Ha...
- “Kazakhstan is more civilized now. Women can now t...
- Serial killing and Texas R&B
- The most boring place on Earth?
- The eagle has landed
- Please hurry, UPS guy
- Holy shit, I'm still drunk
- Rush takes a break from popping pills and vacuumin...
- It's a good thing I don't work on a construction site
- It's up to you, New Jersey, New Jersey
- When you care enough to give the very cheesiest
- Painful but powerful
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Pot, meet kettle
- One picture, two tools
- And Bush is Gollum?
- Beautiful smells #27
- And you thought Mark Foley was kinky
- Argyle and mom jeans?
- It's called the heartland - not the brainland
- I'm a people person!
- On a positive note, the turkey always looks ready,...
- People Are Annoying (TM) - Part 24
- I have issues #328
- Plugged in but disconnected
- Don't screw this up for the rest of us, New Jersey...
- Also no mob hits here!
- And there weren't even any mob hits!
- Surreal Life
- If you ever needed a reminder about the difference...
- Wait till you see the photos of him with Clay Aiken
- See - they're just very sensitive and compassionate
- It's one of my three main food groups this time of...
- Oh sure, blame the poor innocent booze
- ▼ October (36)