Saturday, October 14, 2006
I'm a people person!
As much as my fellow New Yorkers drive me batshit crazy sometimes, there are days like this one, when you're just glad to be in the middle of this big, bad, noisy, wacky city and its teeming humanity.
The weather was gorgeous (see pic from the Q). A nice, sunny, crisp Autumn day, perfect for walking and, in fact, I walked home to the fashionable Upper East Side from the 8th Avenue Street Fair (purchases: 2 leather belts for $10, four pairs of crew socks for $5, a Thai spring roll for one buck, yum, and a strawberry-mango smoothie for $5 - ripoff!)
The walk home had to be a bit more than 5 miles (going by the standard "20 city blocks=1 mile" calculation, then factoring in the 8th Ave over to the East Side part of the journey.)
I feel so alive.
Of course, I then promptly mitigated that by stopping in at a divey bar on 3rd Ave, that was calling me with a siren song touting All-U-Can-Drink beer for 10 bucks. Oy.
Posted by J at 4:49 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Laura Bush goes as The Joker to the White House Ha...
- “Kazakhstan is more civilized now. Women can now t...
- Serial killing and Texas R&B
- The most boring place on Earth?
- The eagle has landed
- Please hurry, UPS guy
- Holy shit, I'm still drunk
- Rush takes a break from popping pills and vacuumin...
- It's a good thing I don't work on a construction site
- It's up to you, New Jersey, New Jersey
- When you care enough to give the very cheesiest
- Painful but powerful
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Pot, meet kettle
- One picture, two tools
- And Bush is Gollum?
- Beautiful smells #27
- And you thought Mark Foley was kinky
- Argyle and mom jeans?
- It's called the heartland - not the brainland
- I'm a people person!
- On a positive note, the turkey always looks ready,...
- People Are Annoying (TM) - Part 24
- I have issues #328
- Plugged in but disconnected
- Don't screw this up for the rest of us, New Jersey...
- Also no mob hits here!
- And there weren't even any mob hits!
- Surreal Life
- If you ever needed a reminder about the difference...
- Wait till you see the photos of him with Clay Aiken
- See - they're just very sensitive and compassionate
- It's one of my three main food groups this time of...
- Oh sure, blame the poor innocent booze
- ▼ October (36)