Wednesday, October 18, 2006
Beautiful smells #27
Can too many things smell better than a fresh pot of coffee brewing?
I proclaim no.
And I know I'm not saying anything too startling with that observation, but I was just struck there by how good coffee smells when I opened a fresh package of Gevalia beans to make a few cups.
Now, I'm usually a Dunkin' Donuts guy, by the way - I'll get a pound of it for the home brew for $6.99, and I enjoy it much better than the overpriced Starbucks blends.
But every few years I order from Gevalia to get one of the new coffeemakers they give away for free when you join (you can only do it every two years, they apparently keep track), and then, of course, after the first shipment of coffee arrives, cancel the membership, as they are quite a bit more expensive than DD.
So I got a new stainless steel maker to go with my renovated kitchen, and ordered the Antigua and Cafe Moulu blends.
Thank you Gevalia. I'll be talking to you again sometime around 2008.
Posted by J at 12:06 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Laura Bush goes as The Joker to the White House Ha...
- “Kazakhstan is more civilized now. Women can now t...
- Serial killing and Texas R&B
- The most boring place on Earth?
- The eagle has landed
- Please hurry, UPS guy
- Holy shit, I'm still drunk
- Rush takes a break from popping pills and vacuumin...
- It's a good thing I don't work on a construction site
- It's up to you, New Jersey, New Jersey
- When you care enough to give the very cheesiest
- Painful but powerful
- It's the most wonderful time of the year
- Pot, meet kettle
- One picture, two tools
- And Bush is Gollum?
- Beautiful smells #27
- And you thought Mark Foley was kinky
- Argyle and mom jeans?
- It's called the heartland - not the brainland
- I'm a people person!
- On a positive note, the turkey always looks ready,...
- People Are Annoying (TM) - Part 24
- I have issues #328
- Plugged in but disconnected
- Don't screw this up for the rest of us, New Jersey...
- Also no mob hits here!
- And there weren't even any mob hits!
- Surreal Life
- If you ever needed a reminder about the difference...
- Wait till you see the photos of him with Clay Aiken
- See - they're just very sensitive and compassionate
- It's one of my three main food groups this time of...
- Oh sure, blame the poor innocent booze
- ▼ October (36)