Thursday, September 28, 2006
Why doesn't she just start her career at Fox News now?
Stick a fork in her. She's toast.
The one competitive statewide race in New York this year, the contest for attorney general, is basically over now.
As I noted in a previous post, with Eliot Spitzer, and Hillary Clinton expected to crush their Republican opponents in the races for Governor and Senator respectively, the only contest that was even halfway competitive was for state Attorney General. Although Andrew Cuomo was probably going to win, Jeanine Pirro, the former Westchester County DA, was enough of a name, and had some high visibility prosecutions under her belt, to, at least, give him a serious run.
But now we find that Jeanine is - ooops - under investigation herself by federal prosecutors, for allegedly trying to bug her husband's boat to catch him in the act with his mistress.
Not only that, but she went to disgraced former NYC Police Commissioner, Bernie Kerik, of all people, for help in trying to do it. And this was AFTER he had been forced to withdraw as head of Homeland Security after all sorts of financial shenanigans.
In a profanity-laden transcript of her phone calls to Kerik, who was being bugged himself by the FBI in their investigation of him (how much fun is this?) she was also heard belittling the AG job she now seeks as a "been there, done that kind of thing," according to WNBC-TV, which broke the story yesterday.
At a tearful press conference, after the channel 4 broadcast, she vowed to remain in the race, and the GOP says it's sticking with her, but the writing is on the wall. Rudy Giuliani, in fact, has already canceled a planned fund-raiser for her.
So it looks like Dems are going to hold all NYS's major political spots - Governor, AG, and both Senators - for the first time in decades, and, once again, the state's Republican party is self-destructing.
I just wish the national GOP would be as feckless and weak, and we'd all be so much better off. Unfortunately, they're feckless and strong.
Posted by J at 11:46 AM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Attention K-Mart shoppers...
- Why doesn't she just start her career at Fox News ...
- It's the end of the world as we know it, and I fee...
- I like to think of it as being organized
- Time Warner sucks
- Sometimes I disgust even myself
- Autumn in New York...
- Please tell me it doesn't include the smells too
- I know several girls who will get aroused just REA...
- And he also doesn't know the words to the Dreidel ...
- And you thought the Bush response to Katrina was b...
- And sometimes there's girls dancing on the bar
- The dogs again
- I'm in the wrong line of work
- They say it's a depressive, but....
- That's funny, Omarosa seems like such a sweetheart
- Such a model citizen...and derelict
- I'm pretty sure the guy on the right is called Murray
- But, but...doesn't the sun revolve around me?
- Thousands of tube socks and Italian sausages as fa...
- Moon over Manhattan
- If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luc...
- Now, which is the copy and paste button again?
- I guess they haven't finished picking clean the co...
- I've been pantsed
- Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket
- I promise, I'm going to read some Camus and Shakes...
- Time in New England...
- ▼ September (30)