As I mentioned in a previous posting, I was at the Third Ave street fair on Sunday. As you stroll along, there are always people here and there passing out little fliers. Usually, I just ignore them, but once in a while, I'll take one off their hands. I figure it helps them out, they probably have to give them all away or they don't get paid or something, and it's no big deal. It may actually turn out to be for something good, or, at worst, I'll just toss it in the next garbage can I see. (Although I tend to wait till I'm out of their sight - not that they probably even care, but hey, why rub it in their noses).
Anyway, I passed this one guy who was saying: “Great restaurant info here, and a free gift certificate. You look like you have taste!” It was from a web site called specialsbyzip dot com. "What's the certificate for?" I ask, sensibly. "Park East, you'll really love it," he says.
Well, I certainly love my NY restaurants, so I took one, stuffed it in my pocket, and didn't think much else about it. Until tonight, when I logged on to see what it was all about.
First, you fill out some perfunctory info. Mostly they're looking for a zip code, and they say they will email you a daily list of restaurant specials for that evening in your area. You can also put in a work zip code, so you can get info for that neighborhood.
Hmm, seemed decent enough. So I fill out the little fields, and then comes the info for the free $25 gift certificate, and it's for a place called Park East Grill.
It's a Kosher place. Now, regular Too Saucy readers know I love the Jewish girls, so, right away, not bad (although the Kosher thing does tend to mean you're going to be meeting the incredibly religious, which is not positive for a goy like me. But I have tempted these girls before - heh). Well, then I also see the certificate is good toward a Scotch whiskey tasting dinner. And you know I also love the Scotch whiskey.
Bing boing - this is perfect, right?
And then I check out some of the pictures they have posted from a previous Scotch tasting dinner.
A lot of guys. A lot of bald guys, no less.
In fact, hardly any girls at all in these pictures.
I'm looking at, now I'm just guessing here, a lot of dentists.
I will be happy to pass this certificate on to some girls I know, who would probably love to meet a nice dentist, or perhaps to the dads of some girls I know, who might like to hang out with peers. But, wow, did this street fair guy lure me in like a carp, or what.
Monday, September 11, 2006
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Attention K-Mart shoppers...
- Why doesn't she just start her career at Fox News ...
- It's the end of the world as we know it, and I fee...
- I like to think of it as being organized
- Time Warner sucks
- Sometimes I disgust even myself
- Autumn in New York...
- Please tell me it doesn't include the smells too
- I know several girls who will get aroused just REA...
- And he also doesn't know the words to the Dreidel ...
- And you thought the Bush response to Katrina was b...
- And sometimes there's girls dancing on the bar
- The dogs again
- I'm in the wrong line of work
- They say it's a depressive, but....
- That's funny, Omarosa seems like such a sweetheart
- Such a model citizen...and derelict
- I'm pretty sure the guy on the right is called Murray
- But, but...doesn't the sun revolve around me?
- Thousands of tube socks and Italian sausages as fa...
- Moon over Manhattan
- If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luc...
- Now, which is the copy and paste button again?
- I guess they haven't finished picking clean the co...
- I've been pantsed
- Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket
- I promise, I'm going to read some Camus and Shakes...
- Time in New England...
- ▼ September (30)