Tuesday, September 26, 2006
I like to think of it as being organized
I am such a creature of habit, it's not even funny.
I went to a friend's wedding this past weekend, one of the 672 weddings I'm attending this year. It was up in Hastings-on-Hudson, N.Y., about 30 minutes outside the city via the Hudson River line of Metro North. I'd never been there, but it's a really nice little town, and the reception was at a hall right on the Hudson. Amazing views of the river, with the Pallisades on the other side (dusk pic from my trusty Q). I got to see some former co-workers and had a few cocktails too - if few can be interpreted as the bartender starting to pour the Jack and Coke when I approached. That's a bad sign when a wedding bartender begins to know your drink.
Anyway, being up there has totally discombobulated me. I'm just now getting back to my normal routine. As I have been told, I can be very set in my ways.
And, as I also have been told, as every single person is at weddings, "It's about time we start hearing weddings bells for you!"
Hmm, yes, right about the time Scarlett Johannson (or someone who ranks up there with her in the 9 out of 10 vicinity), gives me a lap dance and, as she's in mid grind, leans in and whispers, "Let's run to Vegas and get married by an Elvis impersonator."
Now that would be fun, I have to admit.
Posted by J at 3:42 PM
- ► 2010 (31)
- ► 2009 (199)
- ► 2008 (309)
- ► 2007 (413)
- Attention K-Mart shoppers...
- Why doesn't she just start her career at Fox News ...
- It's the end of the world as we know it, and I fee...
- I like to think of it as being organized
- Time Warner sucks
- Sometimes I disgust even myself
- Autumn in New York...
- Please tell me it doesn't include the smells too
- I know several girls who will get aroused just REA...
- And he also doesn't know the words to the Dreidel ...
- And you thought the Bush response to Katrina was b...
- And sometimes there's girls dancing on the bar
- The dogs again
- I'm in the wrong line of work
- They say it's a depressive, but....
- That's funny, Omarosa seems like such a sweetheart
- Such a model citizen...and derelict
- I'm pretty sure the guy on the right is called Murray
- But, but...doesn't the sun revolve around me?
- Thousands of tube socks and Italian sausages as fa...
- Moon over Manhattan
- If I didn't have bad luck, I wouldn't have any luc...
- Now, which is the copy and paste button again?
- I guess they haven't finished picking clean the co...
- I've been pantsed
- Jesus H. Christ in a chicken basket
- I promise, I'm going to read some Camus and Shakes...
- Time in New England...
- ▼ September (30)